Are you or your house “cheugy”?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My entire living room and bedroom cost £170 from Emmaus, delivered. Old but quality and will outlive anything made from chipboard. Don't care if it's fashionable or not myself.

I just looked up Emmaeus; it looks a lot like my employer. I'll be getting my furniture from our shop when the time comes... with the added advantage I get first dibs...

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I just looked up Emmaeus; it looks a lot like my employer. I'll be getting my furniture from our shop when the time comes... with the added advantage I get first dibs...
Great charity, I worked for them for awhile.

Sorry Blue Hills but you're too far gone to even be cheugy :laugh:
cheeky.
I have maybe four denim shirts - bought (some new some from charity shops) when not fashionable as they are comfortable for a certain weather/temperature range being cotton - i use them often when non-bike travelling (flying in the past) because of the handy pockets and the bulk of them and the buttons/poppers allow you to regulate temperature easily.

But I have news for you down/up there - not too long ago I was in now trendy Peckham and there was an entire rack of them on a stall.

Start bidding now for my bugs bunny one.

Last edited:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Is this thread the modern version of inverse snobbery?

I'm not sure if we've worked that one out just yet.

I think it probs depends on the baseline from which you started.

Aspirational Grunge, might be where it's headed though :wacko:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Great charity, I worked for them for awhile.
They have goats...

Attachments

• 68599702-C81C-4F48-ADEE-FD609601DE03.jpeg
    68599702-C81C-4F48-ADEE-FD609601DE03.jpeg
    7.3 KB · Views: 1

stowie

Legendary Member
Every generation wants to make themselves different from the previous one, the most obvious way being clothing.

My daughter is 13 and she appears to have modified the Henry Ford maxim with clothing - she will wear anything as long as it is brown. I have no idea why, but suspect it involves TikTok somewhere along the way.

In the house, I defy anyone who has children in their home to keep it looking like anything better than "well used" unless they have a huge house or lock the children under the stairs. I thought it would get better as my daughter got older, but it is just a new mess to replace the old. Keeping up with trends seems a bit pointless when it will be just hidden under the same crap.

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
No new clothes for me - at the moment, my tailors, messrs Tu of Sainsburys, seem remarkably short of, well, everything.
As for my outfitters down here, the Obruni wawoo ( clothes from the dead white man) Im well catered for. I live mostly in cargo shorts and short sleeved shirts, so as long as the white men keep dying and sending their stuff down I’ll be okay :smile:.

Well, just about everything in my teeny, tiny little cottage is mismatched... :blush: I'm currently sitting on a 1940s utility chair at a 1940s utility table. Some furniture is a lot older, some a good deal more modern. But if it fits, I sits. ^_^

My place has got character, and I couldn't give a flying flamingo about what anyone else thinks. :smile:

P.S. bathroom suite is white, but the bath is cast iron.

Top Bottom