Are you or your house “cheugy”?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There is a marginal lot in each generation that get stuck. You notice them when they turn up for weddings, funerals, school reunions as you know them over a long time.

The hairstyles (mullets, ponytail etc) right ear rings, shoes, belts and clothes, jackets, collars, lapels. And it's the whole ensemble. Certainly not cheugy, but clearly not progressing, just stuck in time.

You however do not see it often.

20210412_141940.jpg

20210204_072754.jpg

20210117_150403.jpg

20210117_150334.jpg

20210115_193506.jpg

These are some of the room's in our House, I doubt they live up to modern standards but it's how we like it.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I have maybe four denim shirts - bought (some new some from charity shops) when not fashionable as they are comfortable for a certain weather/temperature range being cotton - i use them often when non-bike travelling (flying in the past) because of the handy pockets and the bulk of them and the buttons/poppers allow you to regulate temperature easily.
If you were proper cheugy, you would be suitably attired for flying - in a suit and tie!

I'd probably bin the flying club piccy (I'm sure it's got some personal connection for you), but otherwise I'd be quite happy with that kitchen, despite the ... "retro" styling!
The flying club thing is just summat we picked up somewhere yrs ago, is there a story to it or just not your cup of tea?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
View attachment 608917

View attachment 608918

View attachment 608919

View attachment 608920

View attachment 608921

These are some of the room's in our House, I doubt they live up to modern standards but it's how we like it.
My mother's side of the family is from Wolverhampton, and this reminds me a bit of a great uncle of mine I was very fond of. He was definitely a bit cheugy, mind.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
View attachment 608917

View attachment 608918

View attachment 608919

View attachment 608920

View attachment 608921

Now you see that’s a home as opposed to a house. A home is lived in and personalised. A house is soulless and doesn’t reveal the character or tastes of the owner. A house is generally what you see in the magazines. Clinically furnished and dead.

Now you see that’s a home as opposed to a house. A home is lived in and personalised. A house is soulless and doesn’t reveal the character or tastes of the owner. A house is generally what you see in the magazines.

In that case, I'll add my overloaded bookshelves, cat ornaments, assorted little twee trinkets and various in-progress craft projects occupying various spots.

Not to mention the girls' scratchposts, igloo beds and throws on chairs... And the cat hair. :laugh:

Top Bottom