Are you or your house “cheugy”?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
My kitchen would probably be regarded as "cheugy", but it serves it's purpose just fine. I have no need for an island in the middle of the floor with extra drawers/cupboards and another sink! Anyway, give it another 10 years and for "cheugy" read "retro" and therefore trendy. I'm still waiting for that to happen for my good 80's black leather jacket, which is hanging up in a wardrobe.

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
We are thinking of a new bathroom suite but can't decide between
Avacado
Pink
Dark blue
Chocolate brown.

Where does that put me ??

byegad

Legendary Member
Here at Byegad Towers the 'furnishings' range from pieces that my Great, Great Grandfather, the 9th Earl, bought to stuff we have acquired over the years.
Up in the attics there's nearly enough stuff to furnish and clothe another establishment of similar size. Then there's the stuff in one of the stable blocks.

Our bathroom suite is mint green with a large red rose motif on each porcelain item, as well as the occasional tiles. Think that may class as a level beyond whateveryoucalledit.
Fact is, it came with the house and it still works. Thus it remains

SIL on the other hand changed all her internal door furniture when “silver” fittings were on trend

stephec

Legendary Member
We are thinking of a new bathroom suite but can't decide between
Avacado
Pink
Dark blue
Chocolate brown.

Where does that put me ??
If you're talking bathrooms it's got to be art deco.

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
Steel, Brooks, Caradice?

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I live in a trailer -

Thereby i can get away with any old mismatched c@rp

Expectations are low - and i aim to live down to them - It's bliss :wub:

Although having said that i did have to strip the grey brick-patterned :wacko: wall paper off of the kitchen walls and paint it all egg yolk yellow.

And the bedroom ended up a strawberry icecream pink (the synthetic sort) - not quite sure what was going through my head that day..

I'm contemplating painting the bathroom bright orange - its so tiny it could be done in half an hour.

I'm not sure where this places me on any social demographic / interior deco scale - but for now - i'm quite happy with the trailer trash vibe :rolleyes:

Our bathroom suite is mint green with a large red rose motif on each porcelain item, as well as the occasional tiles. Think that may class as a level beyond whateveryoucalledit.
Some folks would pay a lot of money for all that ... :becool:

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
My house in the UK is similarly adorned but I think we're venturing into the realms of kitsch with that. It's gone past cheugy. ^_^

Top Bottom