Are you or your house “cheugy”?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
We are thinking of a new bathroom suite but can't decide between
Avacado
Pink
Dark blue
Chocolate brown.

Where does that put me ??
In an asylum

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
There is a disease in this country at least, maybe it's an American thing too, to label, to criticise, to judge others, it's all very negative.
Told this before but I realised in my 40s perhaps,i said to my dad...'y'know, it seems like everyone spends all their time criticising everyone else in this country, everyone's got to have something to say about something'
My dad instantly responded...
'The British were always that way, you just never realised it'

One of the less desirable aspects of Britishness perhaps...(and I dont buy into this 'all Britishness must be despised' touted by some)
Gbb, the British do not have the dibs on this type of behavior, as you alluded to, it is rampant on this side of the pond as well. Perhaps the disease is making its way around the globe. What you said to your dad when you were younger was a spot-on observation.

Cycleops, I'll have to check out the cheugy video. The concept seems quite spot on for current times. Perhaps there has always been something like it, but never so highlighted as we see through social media today. :wacko:

Reactions: gbb

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
My kitchen would probably be regarded as "cheugy", but it serves it's purpose just fine. I have no need for an island in the middle of the floor with extra drawers/cupboards and another sink! Anyway, give it another 10 years and for "cheugy" read "retro" and therefore trendy. I'm still waiting for that to happen for my good 80's black leather jacket, which is hanging up in a wardrobe.
Yep, Brandane, what goes around, comes around! :dance:

Top Bottom