Are you still in shorts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
By going to the website, paying a monthly subscription...entering what you eat each day into your account on the website, it calculates the points for you and adds them up at the end of each day. You also weigh yourself every week, and put it into the website to keep a record of it.
There's a forum for support, advice etc etc.

wafflycat

Kirstie said:
Yeah I went to a weightwatchers meeting once...having spent literally weeks plucking up the courage I was told when I turned up that most people in the meeting knew each other already and that I probably wouldn't fit in. So I never went to one again!

Whoever told you that deserves a smack! How horrible! FWIW, the meeting I go to is very friendly. New people are always welcomed. Every week, any weight loss is congratulated - the leader makes sure that it's positive. Anyone who feels in need of support is offered it. The meeting I go to, I've made some friends, it's filled with lovely folk and we support each other, share recipes for good stuff, share exercise tips, tips on how to overcome a 'bad day', how to deal with potentially difficult situations, eating out and the like. If you're in Norfolk, come to the meeting I go to, it's great!

I think with WW meetings (as with many things in life), the key to success is a good leader. Luckily, the one I go to has an excellent leader. She's supportive, encouraging, inclusive of everyone in a meeting. She had a couple of weeks holiday and we had a temporary replacement leader. As I said to my nearest & dearest as we sat in the meeting, I was glad she was a temporary leader to the meeting, as if she was permanent, I wouldn't have lasted!

bonj2

Kirstie said:
By going to the website, paying a monthly subscription...entering what you eat each day into your account on the website, it calculates the points for you and adds them up at the end of each day. You also weigh yourself every week, and put it into the website to keep a record of it.
There's a forum for support, advice etc etc.

Hmmm.... I suppose that answers the question, but it still doesn't solve my confusion, which is how does that enable you to lose more weight than...well, not doing that? i.e. doing the same exercise and eating the same food but not bothering with the website? rather than punching numbers into a website would you not be better in the gym or riding your bike?
Or is it a woman thing that blokes aren't supposed to be able to understand...?
See I thought weightwatchers meetings consisted of general aerobics type exercises, hence why I was able to understand why it was of benefit before learning you could "do" it on the internet...

wafflycat

Doing WW online would not work for me. I enjoy the weekly meetings as the one I go to is fun & supportive so it gives me the discipline I need to get my weight checked independently each week and to meet up with friends old & new to have a bit of fun. Plus, if you do monthly subscription to WW meetings you get all the online stuff thrown in with the subscription anyhow (this bit is relatively new).

wafflycat

Patrick Stevens said:
Do they have decent cakes and stuff at the meetings? :blush:

Yes they do. With WW nothing is banned as it's not a diet, it's about getting into a way of eating that will be healthy long term and that includes being able to eat a bit of cake from time to time.

bonj2

Kirstie said:
My mum also thinks WW is great and gets a lot out of the meetings...

But do they get a lot out of her, that's the issue... :blush:

Top Bottom