Are you still in shorts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

twentysix by twentyfive said:
Waffly - 70lbs gone. That's 5 stones!!! What CAN we grab hold of now :angry: :blush:

:biggrin: My nearest & dearest tells me that what is left to get hold of delights him. So much so he's taking me to Paris for a dirty romantic weekend. Hurrah!

wafflycat

ash68 said:
makes it even more of an achievment wafflycat, add my pats on the back to the long list you already have.BRAVO:smile:

Thanks :blush: The losing it has been easy for me, and I eat *loads* of food - much more than I did before. What will be harder is the keeping it off long term. That's going to be far more difficult. On the plus side, WW is not a 'diet', it's very definitely a way of eating for life.

Bigtallfatbloke

How does the points system work for you when you ride...are you counting points or doing that other plan they were pushing?

Do you eat extra on ride days ?

Riding would generate bonus points so what about them...a pig out on Friday night maybe?:blush:?

How many points do you get for say a 90km ride like I did today?

wafflycat

Bigtallfatbloke said:
How does the points system work for you when you ride...are you counting points or doing that other plan they were pushing?

Do you eat extra on ride days ?

Riding would generate bonus points so what about them...a pig out on Friday night maybe?:blush:?

How many points do you get for say a 90km ride like I did today?

Activity points can be used several ways: to eat more, to lose weight quicker, to keep the metabolism up and combination of all three. I tend to use combination: eat a little more, keep the metabolism up and keep the weight loss on track. I don't see exercise (cycling) as something to be done to earn a pig-out, but as part of daily life because I enjoy it.

Basically, I end up pointing Core.

How many points you get for any given exercise depends on three things, your weight, the duration of the exercise and the intensity of the exercise. You get a calculator to work it out. It's not *exact* but it's good enough: it works - I'm proof of that :angry:

Ah weight watchers...

Problem with it is that if you do very long exercise sessions and earn extra points (eg 4 hours strenuous cycling is something like 24 extra points), you can only count up to a maximum of 4 extra points per day. So if you do anything like a decent amount of exercise you can't put enough calories in and end up bonking big style.

...which is why I do montignac...

wafflycat said:
I'm in full winter kit already. Having lost 70lbs of insulation since February, I am permanently *cold* so I have to be wrapping up or I shiver ... a lot!

Good grief. That's an incredible achievement. Worth a bit of publicity on the basis of what cycling can do.

(I am of course assuming that you're not down to a rather unhealthy 70 lbs :blush:)

wafflycat

Kirstie said:
Ah weight watchers...

Problem with it is that if you do very long exercise sessions and earn extra points (eg 4 hours strenuous cycling is something like 24 extra points), you can only count up to a maximum of 4 extra points per day. So if you do anything like a decent amount of exercise you can't put enough calories in and end up bonking big style.

...which is why I do montignac...

Not true - you can count up to 12 points a day on activity points (I checked with WW leader). The four points is that you refer to are where you are encouraged not to go more than four points per day below your points level for any given day - plus you can carry four points over from one day to the next. So this forms the basis of if you've eaten a bit too much one day, you eat a bit less the next, to balance out over the course of a week.

Plus, if you are very active, you reassess your basic points value to take this into account, so the basic number of points you are allotted for a day goes up and then you can have activity points on top of that anyway.

By the way - on WW I can ride a century and not bonk.

WW works - I'm proof of it. It may not suit everyone, buit it suits me fine and works fine.

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
Congratulations waffly.
I assume you've had buy a whole new load of cycling gear - size 8?
Maybe other clothes too?

wafflycat

Patrick Stevens said:
Good grief. That's an incredible achievement. Worth a bit of publicity on the basis of what cycling can do.

In my case, cycling hasn't done it. I cycled when I was obese. I don't particularly cycle any more now, I just keep cycling because I enjoy it. It is my favoured form of exercise.

wafflycat

betty swollocks said:
Congratulations waffly.
I assume you've had buy a whole new load of cycling gear - size 8?
Maybe other clothes too?

Size 8? Good grief no, as that would be an unhealthy extreme at my height, just as bad as being obese is. Currently I'm slightly above the high end of a healthy BMI, so not too far now until I set a goal weight. My aim is to be at a healthy weight for my height, not to be any specific clothes size.

Yeah I went to a weightwatchers meeting once...having spent literally weeks plucking up the courage I was told when I turned up that most people in the meeting knew each other already and that I probably wouldn't fit in. So I never went to one again!

bonj2

Hang on. If my cynical mind is unlikely to ever even hope to understand this then please just say "shut up bonj you wouldn't understand", but can somebody please explain how can you possibly "do" weightwatchers online.

Top Bottom