Argos Now Selling Carbon!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!

I thought exactly the same thing.

darth vadar

Über Member
it was 1400 before, but was available online only. I saw it 5 months ago when i was looking for a bike (I work at Argos at the moment)

So that would mean an extra 10% off as well then.

Surely, it has to be worth a punt at that price ?!!!!

Go on. You know you want to !!!!

OP
OP
Hacienda71

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Argos in the printed catalogue are showing 2013 Sora shifters with the paddle behind the lever. The website is showing old style Sora or 2300

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Argos in the printed catalogue are showing 2013 Sora shifters with the paddle behind the lever. The website is showing old style Sora or 2300
Yes I just looked too. Old Sora though :P '13 sora has hidden cables IIRC

Twilkes

Guru
It is though, the lightest adult bike I have ever noticed at Argos, a place I think of as the home of the BSO.

Until today, and for about the last twelve months, I thought that BSO was a make of bicycle.

Although to be fair, BSA used to make bicycles, before they sold their business to Raleigh. And their wikipedia page has the classic sentence: 'In 1941 BSA was approached to produce a new pedal cycle with a maximum weight allowance of only 22 lb especially for airborne use.'

They made a flying bicycle???

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
My correctly set up (by myself) 2300 shifts better than my 105 (5600) that was set up by a shop :angry: . Nothing wrong with 2300, very reliable 8 speed with square taper drivetrain. I have had road bikes using downtube friction shifters to 105 STI and they have all worked great when set up correctly.

For £700 you could get an aluminium frame with CFRP (carbon fibre reinforced plastic) fork with full 105 which would weigh the same as this though.

I think that if the marketing bods called it a plastic bike it wouldn't be so sexy:smooch:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
there is an Argos clearance shop in Corby might have to wander over and see if they have any in .

not only that but at present i can get an extra 8% cash back if i bought one via my argos card

so £645

Top Bottom