Argos Now Selling Carbon!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Hehe. They'll be referring to this chap. You can tell by Cristophes face that the bike is doing all the work :biggrin:

Tour+de+France+Stage+Thirteen+Time+Trial+rw6bgouSqC4l.jpg

Aeroasfck LMAO!

snailracer

Über Member
The BTwin carbon bikes are ugly as sin in person and I can not understand the design at all, it is the least aero looking road bike I have ever seen, worse than a bog standard round tube frame. The down tube is extremely wide but not shaped to compensate for it (basically it is slightly modified square section).......
A wide down tube is characteristic of a frame optimized for weight and stiffness, not aero. Profiling it to improve the aero would add weight.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
A wide down tube is characteristic of a frame optimized for weight and stiffness, not aero. Profiling it to improve the aero would add weight.

I am well aware of this, however the BTwin is extreme!

The BTwin doesn't look like it was optimised for anything!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Looks like it only comes in 58cm frame which they oddly say is 21 inch??
'Becky' from Argos ignores an answer from 'rider' and quotes the clearly stupid sizing advice when she informs a would-be customer 1.80 m tall that a 58 cm bike would be too small for him! (I am 1.86 m tall and 58 cm bikes fit me.)

Big Bird

Alright people,
Just joined your forum as I have bought one of these ventura bikes, they are made in taiwan, like many bikes are now days (trek 1 series as an example).
The company which makes the bike is called LiYang, one of the worlds largest manufacturers and exporters of cycles, and was founded in 1968, several years before specialized, trek, cannondale etc.
Forget what it says in the Argos catalogue, they only sell them.
I'm just getting back into riding after 20 or so years out of the saddle, I'm extremely happy with this bike, having road tested a couple of other, more expensive, better know brands with supposedly better wheels and components. The only let down are the shin shredding pedals which come as standard (I've now got time I-clic 2 red racers).
The bike is light and responsive, stiff but comfortable, it accelerates smoothly and corners confidently,even though I'm still getting used to the handling.
In short,I love it.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Alright people,
Just joined your forum as I have bought one of these ventura bikes, they are made in taiwan, like many bikes are now days (trek 1 series as an example).
The company which makes the bike is called LiYang, one of the worlds largest manufacturers and exporters of cycles, and was founded in 1968, several years before specialized, trek, cannondale etc.
I'm just getting back into riding after 20 or so years out of the saddle, I'm extremely happy with this bike, having road tested a couple of other, more expensive, better know brands with supposedly better wheels and components. The only let down are the shin shredding pedals which come as standard (I've now got time I-clic 2 red racers).
The bike is light and responsive, stiff but comfortable, it accelerates smoothly and corners confidently,even though I'm still getting used to the handling.
In short,I love it.

Thanks for taking the trouble to write this, it is appreciated. :smile:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Alright people,
In short,I love it.

Classic magazine review there, LMFAO!

Big Bird

Thanks for the comments everyone, as for the warranty on the frame, I'm afraid to say I do not know, it wasnt something I thought about when buying it.although there is some kind of guarantee from Argos.
The bike, compared to others of the same price range is good value, I suppose if you can get past badge snobbery it is a great bike.
As for my "review" I'm guessing it was a bit formal for some?!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Thanks for the comments everyone, as for the warranty on the frame, I'm afraid to say I do not know, it wasnt something I thought about when buying it.although there is some kind of guarantee from Argos.
The bike, compared to others of the same price range is good value, I suppose if you can get past badge snobbery it is a great bike.
As for my "review" I'm guessing it was a bit formal for some?!

No, my comment related to your description being utterly meaningless since it was comprised of a load of stock phrases every magazine/online review of a bike is full of. The only ones you were missing were "aggressive enough for a racer yet comfortable enough for all day sportive riders" and "the wheels are basic but adequate, a possible future upgrade".

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I cant see it selling much on its current finance deal.
1: interest is wild - 36months is escessive. Little flexibility. Most LBS offer 1year installments at 0%
2: Its Argos
3: Its Argos
4: There will be no support on it
5: They cant even take a picture of it set up correctly
6: Only comes in one size
7: I got Shimano 105 on my bike for £700, so value for money?

Last edited:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
None of the above matters because "it is stiff but compliant, accelerates well and corners confidently, it descends like a dream and on the flat it just begs you to go faster".

:laugh:

None of the above matters because "it is stiff but compliant, accelerates well and corners confidently, it descends like a dream and on the flat it just begs you to go faster".
:laugh:
Lets open this one up - how would anyone describe a frame that's stiff enough to not to flex when giving it the beans out of the saddle but which doesn't shake you to pieces on the average UK road?

Btw: I think you're being a bit hard on BB Rob3rt! He is a newbie after all!!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Lets open this one up - how would anyone describe a frame that's stiff enough to not to flex when giving it the beans out of the saddle but which doesn't shake you to pieces on the average UK road?

Btw: I think you're being a bit hard on BB Rob3rt! He is a newbie after all!!

Roadworthy, not sh*t, any decent bike.

Re. him being a newbie, I am just giving him a bit of a ribbing for the cliche description, much like I would anyone else, that said, as a newbie, then his review carries even less weight!

Top Bottom