Argos Now Selling Carbon!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robeh

I was in Decathlon yesterday and saw one of their carbon framed bikes for £850. I thought it was a very good looking bike in the flesh. http://www.decathlon.co.uk/fc-3-black-road-bike-id_8221749.html#avantages

I reckon Tribanistas would feel happier buying a bike from Decathlon than from Argos.
thats a tidy looking bike for the price....

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
thats a tidy looking bike for the price....
Yes, that's what I thought. It looks like the FC700 frame is a sort of platform frame that's being used for a range of higher specc'd bikes so you'd hope it was a good enough frame to merit it. (Note: I wasn't out to buy a bike but it did distract me from what I'd gone in there to get. Easily done, I guess.)

Robeh

Yes, that's what I thought. It looks like the FC700 frame is a sort of platform frame that's being used for a range of higher specc'd bikes so you'd hope it was a good enough frame to merit it. (Note: I wasn't out to buy a bike but it did distract me from what I'd gone in there to get. Easily done, I guess.)
Agreed but
im not to keen on the wheels would have to change them...

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Agreed but
im not to keen on the wheels would have to change them...
Yes, the £850 bike is the cheapest but I guess I was thinking the frame might be good enough to merit upgrades or going for higher specc'd complete builds (is it FC5 or FC7?). That said, I don't know anyone who's ridden the bike.

Robeh

Yes, the £850 bike is the cheapest but I guess I was thinking the frame might be good enough to merit upgrades or going for higher specc'd complete builds (is it FC5 or FC7?). That said, I don't know anyone who's ridden the bike.
Difficult to judge how good the frame is TBH without looking/riding it...
But i reckon it would make a good training bike.

Ian Jones

Hi all
Im new to this forum, and im looking to buy a road bike.
I found in argos the ventura cp50 and when searching the interweb I found your forum.

So all in all, is this bike worth the money? I could get it for £630 (with a 10% off voucher)

did anyone buy one?

many thanks
Ian

goody

Veteran
The ad says 18 speed which would make it Sora wouldn't it? Think the new Sora still has washing line gear cables. Seems like a good buy for the money.

Duckehhh

I had a peek inside one of the boxes. Has the new double lever type, rather than the thumb knob

Found one website where it is at full price http://www.jellydeal.co.uk/ventura-cp50-700c-carbon-pro-road-bike-unisex.htm and even on that site they are advertising Argos!! So begs the question has even one been sold at full price? I think not!

It will have been and has to have been to legally claim the reduction

What happens with all these shops (furrniture, electrical, as well) is very simple.

They will have a single item on display and available for purchase at the full price in foe example the Cambridge Store and Llanelli Stores. All other stores will be reduced from this price.

Each store has an allocation of full price items.

If you inquire you will see the small print stating where and when this was

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
The BTwin carbon bikes are ugly as sin in person and I can not understand the design at all, it is the least aero looking road bike I have ever seen, worse than a bog standard round tube frame. The down tube is extremely wide but not shaped to compensate for it (basically it is slightly modified square section).

Very good spec for the money component wise and the frame may be light and robust, but it is certainly not very well thought out design wise. But it is cheap so.......

Edwards80

Über Member
I like this....

It will win stages of the Tour de France and was the Elite French Champion in 2007.

That is some bike :laugh:

Hehe. They'll be referring to this chap. You can tell by Cristophes face that the bike is doing all the work :biggrin:

Tour+de+France+Stage+Thirteen+Time+Trial+rw6bgouSqC4l.jpg

Top Bottom