Argos Now Selling Carbon!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Put it this way, I wouldn't be earning any commission if I was reviewing bikes............

Big Bird

haha newbie,i've been riding bikes since the moment i could walk.from the age of about 15 i used to ride between 250-500 miles a week,every week,all year round,i've just got back into road cycling,but i am an experienced rider,so a newbie i am not.
As for my review,i have never read a cycling magazine in my life,why read about my sport when i could be out there doing it.so cliches or not,my review is valid.as for sizing there are more than one,perhaps look a bit harder.servicing,repairs,i'm sure i could take it to any bike shop.value,you don't see many full carbon bikes with shimano groupset for 700 quid.so you can say what you want about me and the bike,i don't really care,i'm just giving my view on a thread started by someone else on your forum.

Andysalty

I have one of these. Its a fantastic bike. It required minimal setting up. It is a dream to ride. I have had a number of brand snob bikes not expensive ones. This ventura takes the biscuit. I classify myself as an experienced social communiting rider, ridden 5000 to 6000 miles in the last year or so. I live in the yorkshire dales so regularly ride amongst the steepest hills. This bike breezes up these hills. Done about 400 miles so far. Its great. Mine has twin break shifters. Tbh i think they all do, the photos are just silly. I find i can ride this bike all day and still feel very fresh, whereas with my other bikes i,ve been stiff and crook at the end of rides. A number of other manufacturers get there frames from liyang. For a credible review see http://road.cc/content/news/63270-best-£900-£1000-road-bikes. Where a carrera virago ( same bike just different stickers) is reviewed.

.stu

Über Member

Saintsrider

hi I've found somewhere selling these for £350 new, i'm after a commuter leisure ride bike on a budget after my current 105/ultegra 20 speed has died after 8 hard years. I know its not perfect with I beleive square taper cranks etc but at this price "can I fall off", advice please

albion

Guru

southerner

OK this has me finding and joining your forum here, and ordering one of these. So thanks, and hello.

I do a bit of riding (on and off road), have a few bikes already and a few parts to swap over & upgrade so looks like cheap fun to me :smile:

There's a few threads on here about this bike, hope this is the right one, but I'm looking forward to hearing how Justinslow's gets on with his new pressy on Saturday

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Mind you if I just found out the bike I paid £600 for had just been reduced by £200 I would take it back and get a full refund too, even if I then went straight back in and bought it again if you catch my drift! (Not saying that's what happened here but you'd be pretty miffed I guess).

Top Bottom