Arm warms / leg warmers - sizing and any recommendations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I am thinking about getting arm warmers and maybe later leg warmers... looked at wiggle and realised there is a bit of choice (so has anyone any recommendations) and also that they came in sizes.

I'm female with slender-ish (not skinny) arms but they are long. Is the sizing to do with lenght or width?

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Hi Summer, I've got arm warmers and had size L. I've got fairly muscley (and fat he he) arms so i couldn't have gotten away with anything else. They fit ok though. I would have thought medium for you? I imagine it's the width rather than the length :ohmy:

Recommendations - don't know really. I've got specialized which are nice and comfy. I guess someone else will be along to give more advice anyway.

cadleigh

Yeah, it's by width. And try them on if you can.

I tried some leg-warmers on only last week and one fit fine on my thigh and the other was loose. Presumably a former speed-skater, or someone who once worked as a pit pony's stand-in, had tried them on before me and stretched the elastic at the top.

Anything marked as "Roubaix" material is good. If you have an Intersport anywhere near you, you could try their Nakamura branded stuff - their Roubaix arm- and leg-warmers are a bit cheaper than most.

longers

Legendary Member
If you have a Decathlon near you Summerdays I picked up a pair of arm warmers for 8 quid, nice fleecey lined ones. The sizing is small on them, I've got medium arms but bought L/XL and they're just right.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
The better brands will sometimes say what circumference of upper arm they're designed for.

I have two pairs, Prendas ones, which for fine, if a little short, and some made by a company called star which are a bit too long. Trying before you buy is a good idea.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
longers said:
I was thinking yellow ;)

:rolleyes:

Unfortunately Noodley was right.

OP
OP
summerdays

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Thanks for the replies ... I think Medium sounds about right... but I will have to investigate the shops sometime (not going this weekend as they are claiming everyone is going shopping in Bristol to the new centre).

Is the idea that you start off with the arm warmers on and then pull them down to your wrist if you warm up? And do you only wear them with short sleeved T-shirts or can you wear them with long sleeved base layers too? (underneath the base layer?) Sorry for the daft questions:blush:

longers

Legendary Member
You can wear them however you want, there are no rules :eek:.

If it's warm enough to roll them down then my wrists usually get too hot. I quite often tie them to my handlebars as putting them in my back pocket can make my back too hot.

Top Bottom