Armstrong charged and banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tigger

Über Member
It sounds very much like Lance's Golden Rule was not a rule made up by Lance but one made up by Hamilton about Lance.

So.....??????

Red Light, have you ever given even the slightest bit of attention to Pro Racing before this thread started? Cos if you have, you have missed a s***load of stuff!

On this forum or in real life? On the former only as a lurker. In the latter I was following cycle racing when you were probably still a nobber in nappies. I watched all the Tours that Lance formerly won which is more than quite a few on here can say.

albion

Guru
That is the main problem I find.
Everyone is creating or sharing a picture for their own purpose and much to cycling's detriment.

Even now, all we get is the namby pamby stuff that still needs believers.

MichaelM

Guru
Hamilton: Lance should not be singled out - it was the culture then.

He's not. Just about everyone else has either been found guilty or has admitted to doping. He's about the only one claiming he was clean (yeah right !) and passed 500 (or whatever the number was) tests - though I do believe he's changed his stance on this to "not taking unfair advantage".

He's not. Just about everyone else has either been found guilty or has admitted to doping. He's about the only one claiming he was clean (yeah right !) and passed 500 (or whatever the number was) tests - though I do believe he's changed his stance on this to "not taking unfair advantage".

Hamilton says he passed 200 tests which maybe makes Armstrong's 500 seem not so unrealistic despite what the bean counters here have come up with as the right number.

Noodley

On this forum or in real life? On the former only as a lurker. In the latter I was following cycle racing when you were probably still a nobber in nappies. I watched all the Tours that Lance formerly won which is more than quite a few on here can say.

Watching Lance not win 7 Tours is not the same as paying attention to Pro Racing.

MichaelM

Guru
Hamilton says he passed 200 tests which maybe makes Armstrong's 500 seem not so unrealistic despite what the bean counters here have come up with as the right number.

No he did not.

Either you misheard what he said, or you are twisting his words and lying to meet your own ends.

No he did not.

Either you misheard what he said, or you are twisting his words and lying to meet your own ends.

I suggest you listen the the ESPN interview above around 6:30 and then apologise.

Interviewer: "How many tests did you pass that you shouldn't have passed"
Hamilton: "I mean I probably took you know a couple of hundred tests in my career and I'd say at least half of those I was glowing to some degree "

Or perhaps you'll now try to claim it was Rory Bremner doing the interview.

With Hamilton doing the rounds on his book saying virtually the whole peleton doped and cheated following on the USADA/Armstrong spat and the probably weeks of day by day revelations to come out of the pending USADA hearings, I wonder how many sponsors for professional cycling will still be left after this. Nike, Oakley etc have said they are standing by Armstrong in his Livestrong capacity but as one of the ESPN interviewees says, in the USA cancer is big but cycling is niche. But there must be conversations going on in marketing departments and boardrooms across the world asking why they are associating themselves with this sport still. Even Sky must be asking questions by now.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
With Hamilton doing the rounds on his book saying virtually the whole peleton doped and cheated following on the USADA/Armstrong spat and the probably weeks of day by day revelations to come out of the pending USADA hearings, I wonder how many sponsors for professional cycling will still be left after this. Nike, Oakley etc have said they are standing by Armstrong in his Livestrong capacity but as one of the ESPN interviewees says, in the USA cancer is big but cycling is niche. But there must be conversations going on in marketing departments and boardrooms across the world asking why they are associating themselves with this sport still. Even Sky must be asking questions by now.
I doubt it - so long as cycling still draws in viewers, the sponsors will stick to it like flies to....

Show some evidence that cycling TV audiences are falling in Europe and maybe we will see sponsors drop off

PaulB

Legendary Member
Hamilton on ESPN :

What a hideous rat-faced rat fink dirt-bag that rat is. He can confess his own crimes all he wants but to grass up someone else is beneath contempt. I've just finished David memememeLOOKATME Millar's book on a similar theme but even he had the grace to limit it to himself and not drag others into the cesspit.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
What a hideous rat-faced rat fink dirt-bag that rat is. He can confess his own crimes all he wants but to grass up someone else is beneath contempt. I've just finished David memememeLOOKATME Millar's book on a similar theme but even he had the grace to limit it to himself and not drag others into the cesspit.
Why the visceral dislike of a snitch? Not trolling, serious question. I was brought up to believe dobbing wrong do-ers in it was one's duty. Not grassing was the moral coward's choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom