Armstrong charged and banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Why the visceral dislike of a snitch? Not trolling, serious question. I was brought up to believe dobbing wrong do-ers in it was one's duty. Not grassing was the moral coward's choice.
That's a terrible attitude. Snitches are the lowest of the low as it is but compounded by the fact he's a proven liar adds to his crime sheet of shame. Knowing about him makes me sick but to see his rat-face attempting to justify his telling tales out of school like it's his duty brings chunks of semi-digested food up into my throat. I'm in no way attempting to cast nasturtiums on this odious dirt-bag to defend Lance Armstrong by the way. I am virtually certain Armstrong is guilty but to cash in on it in this way is lower than a snake's scrotum. With orchiditis.

lukesdad

PaulB do us a favour and review the book for us, it'll be far more entertaining !

MichaelM

Guru
I suggest you listen the the ESPN interview above around 6:30 and then apologise.

Interviewer: "How many tests did you pass that you shouldn't have passed"
Hamilton: "I mean I probably took you know a couple of hundred tests in my career and I'd say at least half of those I was glowing to some degree "

Or perhaps you'll now try to claim it was Rory Bremner doing the interview.

You quoted the ABC link in 2304. He says " I passed hundreds of tests when I probably shouldn't have..." which isn't quite the same as saying "I've passed 200 tests."

The first shows that testing isn't 100% foolproof. The second implies that the athlete was clean (hence Armstrong's usual reply).

Also, "hundreds" or "a couple of hundred" is - as I'm sure you're aware - is common parlance for many/numerous. Hamilton does not say 200 in either of the clips you posted, yet you chose to twist this and use a specific number of 200 in order to support Armstrong's claim of 500.

Buddfox

Veteran
That's a terrible attitude. Snitches are the lowest of the low as it is but compounded by the fact he's a proven liar adds to his crime sheet of shame. Knowing about him makes me sick but to see his rat-face attempting to justify his telling tales out of school like it's his duty brings chunks of semi-digested food up into my throat. I'm in no way attempting to cast nasturtiums on this odious dirt-bag to defend Lance Armstrong by the way. I am virtually certain Armstrong is guilty but to cash in on it in this way is lower than a snake's scrotum. With orchiditis.

You don't work in a bank, do you?

oldroadman

Veteran
The sport is cleaning up. Preparation was never discussed years ago, but everyone inside knew things, and just got on with it, because there was nowhere to go with anything without proof. And no-one would have corroborated the allegations, so anyone making them would simply have to leave the sport, which gave them a modest living. A moral problem? Of course, but when you have a mortgage to pay and a family to feed, unless you are certain of a new start, what would you do? It's a brave man that risks his loved ones for a moral point, and plenty probably wished they could, but being blacklisted (and NOT just in the sport) is not funny.
The Hamilton book is a cash in, in my view (with which you might disagree), he has history of storytelling and pathetic excuses when caught (the phantom twin!), and I see him a little like Kimmage, now very bitter and seeking a bit of revenge, at the same time making a profit.
Now, who is the moral one? Not TH or LA, that's for sure. Willy Voet (who did time for his sins), far more credible, nothing left to lose, so spill the facts.

The environment today, according to people I know, is far, far cleaner than it ever was, and just witness how riders finish knackered instead of looking fresh, and times on the big climbs have slowed, as have wattage outputs according to the stats.
That said, Bertie rode everyone off his wheel yesterday, which means either:

Everyone is clean and very tired from a long season, but Bertie is fresh.
Bertis has been at the Spanish steak again.

I think the former is more likely (and sincerely hope so).

I don't agree with the way you've said but I do agree it's hard to find any reason to trust him. His book is just another cynical move to line his shrinking pockets, one which I won't be subscribing to. It'd be very hard to believe anything he might write unless it was corroborated elsewhere.

I don't agree with the way you've said but I do agree it's hard to find any reason to trust him. His book is just another cynical move to line his shrinking pockets, one which I won't be subscribing to. It'd be very hard to believe anything he might write unless it was corroborated elsewhere.
Well, nothing contradicts any of the other evidence we've had so far. Also, Coyle wasn't just writing up interviews with Hamilton, he was checking out what Hamilton told him. I'd be very surprised if there is anything in there that turns out to be fabricated.

Well, nothing contradicts any of the other evidence we've had so far. Also, Coyle wasn't just writing up interviews with Hamilton, he was checking out what Hamilton told him. I'd be very surprised if there is anything in there that turns out to be fabricated.

Well lend us the book when you've read it then ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom