Arrogant or just plain ignorant - ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They didn't break any laws.

Anyone that cant handle doing a mere 20mph instead of 30 (or, realistically, more, because people don't know how to obey speed limits) for 3/4 shouldn't be allowed in charge of a motor vehicle

If you have a problem with it then youll be absolutely apoplectic when all 30 zones are reduced to 20, as has been mooted, and you're perpetually stuck behind an imaginary roadie.

No one died. No one was even inconvenienced. Nothing to see here.
Bugger I, I agree with you yet again.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Doesn't matter. I've recently hopped on a pavement to let a HGV pass. I don't have to, probably shouldn't have, but it's better having the HGV in front. Driver was happy and gave me a toot !

Nothing wrong with what they did - might have been a bit busy in conversation.
That's what I was thinking: busy in converstation. And just 0.75 miles, just 2 or 3 minutes as mentioned above. Although I do understand 2 or 3 minutes might not be long in the grand scheme of things, it can feel like a long time. Anyway, no harm done and not really a big deal.

It was nice of OP to move over and let the lorry past (as it was for @fossyant and you done the moral thing but it didnt work out too well this time. I'm sure the lorry driver liked what you done though.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'll bet they were "lycra clad" too.

I think the key thing here is that the road was difficult to overtake on. Singling out would just have been inviting an dangerous overtake. In their situation (but riding on my own) I would probably be riding centrally in lane to discourage anyone from having a go, and to give myself a bit of room if they did. This is bearing in mind that I know I'm turning off soon. If I wasn't turning off, and I saw a convenient place like a bus stop, I might pull over in order to relieve the pressure up my backside. And to let the vehicles pass too.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
the riders were flaunting their white privilege.
I normally nip into some roadside bushes or woodland before doing that.

CXRAndy

Guru
There is a major A road which I sometimes travel along. I join it for it 5-6 miles. I will ride primary all the way along. For my protection

OP
OP
simongt

simongt

Guru
why thr OP felt it worthy of a thread, and what their opinion may be.
Because as there was also a good cycle path to the left of the offenders, one can also question why they felt that they needed to stay on the road holding the traffic up anyway. But this is something I've often noticed that 'roadies' wil stay on the road, regardless of the traffic issues that they may be causing when there is a very acceptable cycle path right beside said road - !
After all, how much effort does it take to single up for about a minute to let the traffic past - ?
Or am I odd in that I will generally do my best to cooperate with other road users so everyone can get on as best they can - ?

Top Bottom