As fabulous as Jess Ennis' bum is,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Pardon my ignorance, but how can you tell?

Be sure that the larger white stripe is above the thin red strip in the top left hand corner when you face the flag.
other pointless but interesting facts are that you are only supposed to refer to it as the union jack if you have served in hrh navy, if you have not you should refer to it as the union flag.
Flying the union flag upside down is a sign of distress and request for assistence.
The union flag should never be permitted to touch the ground.

Octet

Veteran
Be sure that the larger white stripe is above the thin red strip in the top left hand corner when you face the flag.
other pointless but interesting facts are that you are only supposed to refer to it as the union jack if you have served in hrh navy, if you have not you should refer to it as the union flag.
Flying the union flag upside down is a sign of distress and request for assistence.
The union flag should never be permitted to touch the ground.

I would agree to an extent, the Union Jack is when the Union Flag is flying on the Jack mast of a ship however saying the Union flag or the Union Jack is acceptable and is recognised in both law and by the monarchy.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Don't care which way the flag flys aslong as it flys....no other comment due to my perverted mind and jokes about Ennis elbow :blush:

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I would agree to an extent, the Union Jack is when the Union Flag is flying on the Jack mast of a ship however saying the Union flag or the Union Jack is acceptable and is recognised in both law and by the monarchy.

Although the term is recognized by law, its origions of naming come back to Charles 2 who proclaimed that only the ships of the royal navy should fly the union flag as a jack on the bowsprit; the term jack once meant small. Since this time the royal household have refered to the union flag as just that, the only members of the royal house hold which do otherwise are those who have served in the royal navy.. I like tradition more than laws. Our country has some stupid laws.. but your point is valid and fair :thumbsup:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Although the term is recognized by law, its origions of naming come back to Charles 2 who proclaimed that only the ships of the royal navy should fly the union flag as a jack on the bowsprit; the term jack once meant small. Since this time the royal household have refered to the union flag as just that, the only members of the royal house hold which do otherwise are those who have served in the royal navy.. I like tradition more than laws. Our country has some stupid laws.. but your point is valid and fair :thumbsup:

Charles I's tinkering got him into quite a bit of trouble. Just imagine if us inland folk still didn't have to pay for the royal navy :whistle:.

Octet

Veteran

Looks like I've been out done :tongue:
Interesting stuff, I agree traditions are better then law and so I normally refer to it as the Union flag although I didn't know that the Union Jack was only for members of HM Royal Navy. I always thought (as suggested by my previous post) that it was for the Jack mast.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Looks like I've been out done :tongue:
Interesting stuff, I agree traditions are better then law and so I normally refer to it as the Union flag although I didn't know that the Union Jack was only for members of HM Royal Navy. I always thought (as suggested by my previous post) that it was for the Jack mast.

The jack came before the jack mast. It's not so much traditions as ^^ says as stuff James I/Charles I/Blake (and to an extent Charles II wrt to other stuff) made up in the 17th century.

I would like the Facebook page although I don't think my mother would be impressed if it comes up with "*** *** liked Jessica Ennis Bum"

Shall give you a like instead :thumbsup:
My Facebook isn't logged in. Apparently if I want to "connect with Jessica Ennis' Bum" then I need to sign in. Seems like a fair deal to me.
5eaf9a3d-b61a-0705.jpg

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Discussion about Union Jacks seems incongruous in a thread about Jessica Ennis's bum, and should be taken off.
So that's Jacking off, Jessica 's bum.:smile:

-----------------------------------
Sent mobile phone stylee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom