As we've all give* a few bob...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
yenrod said:
Self explanitory.

Erm, no it isn't, that's why I asked.

Are you suggesting that because I've received money towards the running of CC, members now have additional rights that they didn't have before?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't remember Shaun saying that lots of little shares in CycleChat were up for sale. He simply stated that the subsidy of CycleChat by his business was no longer possible and any voluntary contributions towards the cost of keeping the forum running would be gratefully received. He's received our donations and said thank you, and that's that.

I made a small donation, but I am still just a forum member, I'm not a shareholder.

I admit that I would be slightly peeved if the forum folded in the next 6 months because I think that our donations should be enough to keep it running that long.

I wouldn't mind if there was a fund-raising drive a couple of times a year, but I wouldn't like to have to pay a subscription.

Landslide said:
When asking for funds, Admin made it abundantly clear that he had a number of qualms about raising the issue at all, as he felt that it could raise the spectre of members feeling that the forum would then "owe" them something. I'm really sorry to see that you've proved him right yenrod, and personally if that's going to be your approach, I'd much rather that when pay day rolls around you keep your money in your pocket.:tongue:

I mentioned this happening on t'other forum. I don't think Yenners is serious though, trying it on maybe but not serious.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Landslide said:
When asking for funds, Admin made it abundantly clear that he had a number of qualms about raising the issue at all, as he felt that it could raise the spectre of members feeling that the forum would then "owe" them something. I'm really sorry to see that you've proved him right yenrod, and personally if that's going to be your approach, I'd much rather that when pay day rolls around you keep your money in your pocket.:rolleyes:

Lands - chill out heh...

Soo very formal heh ! and serious!

A point warranted a need to be made.

IT IS in-directly connected.

Nowt wrong with testing the clique group :tongue:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
yenrod said:
Lands - chill out heh...

Can I have this translated please, as it makes no sense whatsoever.

yenrod said:
Nowt wrong with testing the clique group xx(

If you genuinely believe this place is run by a clique then you'd not want to stay, surely?

Shaun

Founder
yenrod said:
Lands - chill out heh...
IT IS in-directly connected.
Nowt wrong with testing the clique group xx(

In other words you're on the wind-up? :smile: :smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
TheDoctor said:
Can I have this translated please, as it makes no sense whatsoever.

"The pen of my aunt is on the table of my uncle."

Or something like that...

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

It surprises myself the atmosphere on here at times - its like there are people thedoctor, arch and few others who think they know the god dam and all + act like the own the place ie here !

I find that very very off-putting.

I've got nothing against you. And never did in the 1st place - yet the reaction is pure cynicism.

Why is there such serious'ness in this place.

Stuffy is how i'd describe the atmosphere with said members in here.

If I ever get to a stage in my life that I do not think that and am still here i'll tell you, up untill then smile ;) - it won't kill you !

theclaud

Openly Marxist
yenrod said:
It surprises myself the atmosphere on here at times - its like there are people thedoctor, arch and few others who think they know the god dam and all + act like the own the place ie here !

I've got nothing against you. And never did in the 1st place - yet the reaction is pure cynicism.

If I ever get to a stage in my life that I do not think that and am still here i'll tell you, up untill then smile ;) - it won't kill you !

What a load of old bollocks, Yenners. Chill out and stop throwing your toys out of the pram. And leave the poor old mods alone.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Yenners, it looks to me like you're the one with the problem here - you're constantly starting threads about how boring things are - why not just concentrate on posting what you consider to be good (and perhaps even understandable!) threads instead, and then it will so much more fun for you, won't it? Forums are what you make them.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
yenrod said:

If I ever get to a stage in my life that I do not think that and am still here i'll tell you, up untill then smile :ohmy: - it won't kill you !

Have you ever had anything positive to contribute to this place ever?
I'm frankly amazed you stay if it's so rubbish.;)

Shaun

Founder
yenrod said:

Erm, hang on a minute, it was you who laid down the gauntlet.

If your original post was meant tounge-in-cheek then you did a pretty poor job of letting us all know (lots more smilies next time eh? ;)).

If it was serious then you've done an about turn in telling us all we're now taking you too seriously.

Maybe we should all be semi-serious about it - that should level the playing field. :ohmy:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom