As we've all give* a few bob...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm touched. I rarely reply to or read Yenrod's threads these days, but I'm still public enemy number one...

It's amazing anyone wanted to live next door to me...;)

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
For pity's sake it's only a forum, it's not like CC files your taxes or runs the planning dept in your area, so why the beef?

It is frustrating for all when Mods are damned if they get involved and damned if they don't.

Stop for one minute and consider all the horror stories about mods and admins on 'other' cycling forums and then reflect on how open and civilised CC is by comparison.

No-one is on here for a fight and there will always be differences of opinion, that's just the way of these things we all bimble along together, friendly like.

I would like to say that since the last lot of 'contentious':rolleyes: Mod/Admin decisions the forum has quietened down, we have a lot of new members and it has been a pleasure to spend more of my scant free time on CC again and it not be a cynical, cyclical playground for trolls and childish spite.
It might well surprise you to learn Mods actually prefer to sign in to look up friends and threads without having to Moderate and make decisions on behalf of the forum all evening.

Take a deep breath and remember there is a lovely world out there.
If the activities of this one forum are causing you to test a balance quietly enjoyed by everyone else, even in jest, then you really, really do need to get out a lot more.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
yenrod said:
How about Admin. publish a name of all the Moderators :thumbsup:

I feel this is a fair and warranted right due to the Admin/Owner coming to ourselves, the membership and 'us' giving generously

*P.S. I have not give some cash but am due to on the 25th PD for me!

It's not that difficult to work out who the majority are

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Surely if a mod wanted to be known, they would mention it in a sig, status, or post? I suppose we could start a witch hunt to out them, but then a mod would be able to remove the posts they didn't like. Maybe its already happened and we just don't know... :biggrin:

Seriously. Who cares? This is a great forum. The mods do a wonderful job, as evidenced by their discretion.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
could a new member status be introduced by appending a 'donor' status tag I'd be e.g

donor member

then people can lobby for different donor status tags depending on the perceived scale of their generosity

rember what winston churchill said about the road fund licence peeps...

Arch

Married to Night Train
GrumpyGreg said:
rember what winston churchill said about the road fund licence peeps...

Which is why it was thought that a donor system would be better than a subscription. I think we (the mods discussed it for a while, so yes, I'm a mod) felt that if you were happy to donate, you were perhaps happy enough with things as they stand. Asking for subs from everyone might have led to people thinking they ought to be able to demand stuff.

Difficult to balance donation value too. Income varies enormously I think, so a fiver to one person means as much as 50, or 500 to some...

Anyway, I think I can speak for the mods when I say we're pleased so many people seem to think we do a good job...

For this forum, I couldn't agree more. On other forums, like 419eater, they take a much more visible and active role. But that is what that forum needs.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Touche said:
For this forum, I couldn't agree more. On other forums, like 419eater, they take a much more visible and active role. But that is what that forum needs.

(BOOM) Is that The Admin's mouth hitting the floor :rofl:

Bigtwin

Well I think this stinks - it's MPs all over again.

I want Admin and Mod's expenses published, in full, in a WEEKLY spreadsheet. I want to know EXACTLY what allowances they are claiming, and for what.

We've had enough of their big fat piggy snouts rootling around in the trough - WE MUST MAKE A STAND!

Bigtwin said:
Well I think this stinks - it's MPs all over again.

I want Admin and Mod's expenses published, in full, in a WEEKLY spreadsheet. I want to know EXACTLY what allowances they are claiming, and for what.

We've had enough of their big fat piggy snouts rootling around in the trough - WE MUST MAKE A STAND!

You wanna be careful what you do with that paddle, there's paddle copies out there which have had the sense of humour bypassed to save money but the people who use 'em don't know. :biggrin:

Top Bottom