as yore inglis himprovad sinse poasting in sycal spat an othar forams?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grldtnr

Ah, the two unnecessary commas are ironic. Got it!

....and you with your 'Etonian' education ! Mr.Drago.

Venod

Eh up
I don't know if it happens in other areas but here in my part of West Yorkshire, the local Facebook groups are full of people typing as they speak, I understand them and am a fan of keeping local accents and dialects alive, but for some reason I am not a fan of written out dialect.
I mean who else but a Yorkshire man would know what shintin means.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I have a quite elderly friend (I've never asked, but I bet she's in her 70's) who sends me messages in 'text speak'. I just cannot fathom out some of her written gibberish words! She had a job in administration at Blackburn hospital, so she's quite clued up about words etc, so why she feels the need to send me stuff like "av you been in cemy today? If so av they cut grass yet"?:rolleyes:

Mother in law used to send us text in her own text language. Used to take us ages to decipher them.

a.twiddler

Veteran
You can get an App which translates speech into text, or it might even be built in to your phone these days. My old phone doesn't seem to be up to date enough to run it, though it would be great as it takes me forever to text stuff using my phone. I can't help wondering what sort of gibberish I might end up sending to people though if it's as clueless as the predictive text that's currently on my phone.

a.twiddler

Veteran
To be fair I spent most of my near-two years there being beaten up by day and rogered by sixth formers at night. Actually learning stuff was pretty incidental.

I suppose that stuff used to be called "character building" in days of yore.

Top Bottom