as yore inglis himprovad sinse poasting in sycal spat an othar forams?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
To be fair, you shouldn't really post about use of the English language, if you don't understand the use of commas and apostrophes.

Before I started posting on forums, my level was ok, but not great, having not really written much since leaving school many decades ago. I'd like to think that my level has improved significantly.
And to be fair to me I didn't state that my English is 100 percent perfect. :okay: I did say that my level has improved significantly. I'm not having a go at the odd spelling mistake, missed or misplaced commas, apostrophes etc. I'm on about this ridiculous 'text speak' I see on such as Facebook. My former hospital admin' friend who should know better sent this to me today.

Av you got the money put away for ur funeral, an kept to 1 side, or dun a will stating ur wishes for crem or burial?:ohmy:

Not only is it spooky, but it's also so badly/lazily written! 🧐

Last edited:

Cavalol

Guru
There are rules, but no one agrees about them. Just look up the Oxford comma to see the disagreements!

My post was mostly a tongue in cheek response to a post criticising the use of English, that had clear errors itself.

Cheers, and I should just explain I wasn't criticising you (or anyone) just a general query ref commas. Will look into the Oxford one, thank you.

grldtnr

And to be fair to me I didn't state that my English is 100 percent perfect. :okay: I did say that my level has improved significantly. I'm not having a go at the odd spelling mistake, missed or misplaced commas, apostrophes etc. I'm on about this ridiculous 'text speak' I see on such as Facebook. My former hospital admin' friend who should know better sent this to me today.

Av you got the money put away for ur funeral, an kept to 1 side, or dun a will stating ur wishes for crem or burial?:ohmy:

Not only is it spooky, but it's also so badly/lazily written! 🧐

Bad form, making such a cringeworthy enquiry,perhaps she is able to give you 'mates' rates' ,or a discount.
Not that would matter one jot, when your gone ,your gone!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Bad form, making such a cringeworthy enquiry,perhaps she is able to give you 'mates' rates' ,or a discount.
Not that would matter one jot, when your gone ,your gone!

She was at it again last night. Never mind spending money on expensive watches. Av u got enough put by for your burial or crem?! Are you gonna leave ur money to a dogs home?! Don't go flashing gold watches off. U gonna get robbed one day! Ur not taking heed to my warnings. Do you not understand wot im sayin??!! :ohmy:

If I lived by her rules, I'd go round in sack cloth, keep my head down, look forward to a funeral that's paid for and sign my money over to a dogs home to be creamed off by the charities administration! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
She was at it again last night. Never mind spending money on expensive watches. Av u got enough put by for your burial or crem?! Are you gonna leave ur money to a dogs home?! Don't go flashing gold watches off. U gonna get robbed one day! Ur not taking heed to my warnings. Do you not understand wot im sayin??!! :ohmy:

If I lived by her rules, I'd go round in sack cloth, keep my head down, look forward to a funeral that's paid for and sign my money over to a dogs home to be creamed off by the charities administration! :rolleyes:

Reply “Got no idea what you are saying. Can you put it in English?”

a.twiddler

Veteran

The way I see it, if you can't enjoy the things that make you happy when you're alive, be they simple pleasures or expensive ones, and particularly once you reach a certain age, you certainly can't when you're dead. Life is hard enough. So enjoy.

stephec

Legendary Member
Reply “Got no idea what you are saying. Can you put it in English please?”

Manners old bean, manners. 🤣

Top Bottom