Aside from cycling helping your footprint.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gillstay

Über Member
I have noticed many people now talking about what we should do to lessen out carbon footprint. Often this is in general terms, so how about listing specifics that would help people to do something rather than just feel unable to help.

I thought this example would be good as its quite cheap at about £200, appears to work, so would soon pay back and is within most people budget.

Also it something new rather than the fit loft insulation we have heard endlessly. What else is out there ?

Tadpole Energy | The Cure for the Most Common Heating Problems

dodgy

Pretty sure recent boiler installations come with a magnetic filter anyway.

dodgy

So how about an example of something to help ?
I'm not with you. Just saying that when we had a boiler installed about 7 years ago it was complete with a magnetic filter.
We don't have gas anymore, just electric heating so I can't help anymore.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Wear a sweater and turn down the thermostat.

Reduce food waste. The amount of perfectly edible food that gets thrown away is truly frightening. That, surely, has to be one of the major contributors to carbon footprint.

I buy a good deal of my food on yellow sticker, btw. It kind of freaks me out that I'm buying food at the point where a lot of people are throwing it away. That's just bonnkers. :wacko:

Also, buy British and seasonal wherever possible. I really do take food miles into account when buying stuff full price. On sticker, I'm a lot more catholic... But why should I buy blueberries from Peru when I can get lovely Scottish ones? (and they're damn well delicious at that!)

Plus stuff that can be shipped rather than flown will have a lower carbon footprint as well.

Top Bottom