Aside from cycling helping your footprint.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Approximately 30% of food is wasted in this country. Remarkable when you consider there are some that go hungry. People say eat less meat, fine you could have a point. But i would suggest that people use their legs and do more economical shops where possible, rather than buying more than they need. This would have a profound effect on the environment, if we could just reduce the waste.

Approximately 30% of food is wasted in this country. Remarkable when you consider there are some that go hungry. People say eat less meat, fine you could have a point. But i would suggest that people use their legs and do more economical shops where possible, rather than buying more than they need. This would have a profound effect on the environment, if we could just reduce the waste.

Good to see someone else singing off the same hymn sheet :okay:

A lot of the prepared stuff - especially the bagged salads and pre-chopped fruit & veg has very little in the way of shelf life. People's lack of shopping nous and lack of kitchen skills (regardless of the reason for both) does mean that a lot of stuff ends up in the bin that needn't.

Dates (and people's religious adherence to them) on some stuff drives me potty. It's not as if one minute it's fine, the next minute it's developed language skills. What's wrong with giving it a sniff and a poke? OK, I will say that with some products like seafood, you do have to be careful, but otherwise, really...

Dolorous Edd

Modern TVs consume less than 0.5W on standby. So leaving one on standby for an entire year is the equivalent of turning an electric oven on for about two hours, once in that year.

My brother still dumps milk on day of purchase, I only dump it once it forms little lumps in coffee, well actually it goes into the porridge.
He also used to chuck out all the surplus food if he had hosted Xmas day, except everyone else used to take it home, so if he hosted you'd only need to buy food up to Xmas eve and maybe for NYD as there was that much left over, oh and that's 3 families tidying up.

My brother still dumps milk on day of purchase, I only dump it once it forms little lumps in coffee, well actually it goes into the porridge.
He also used to chuck out all the surplus food if he had hosted Xmas day, except everyone else used to take it home, so if he hosted you'd only need to buy food up to Xmas eve and maybe for NYD as there was that much left over, oh and that's 3 families tidying up.

I don't dump it, I turn it into cream cheese :angel:

Add 1.5% sea salt, plus chopped parsley, chopped chives, a minced clove of garlic and some black pepper. Serve with crusty bread & butter, and radishes on the side. :hungry:

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't drink milk (it gives me migraines).

Top Bottom