"Ask" Italian Restaurants - have you tried one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Has anyone on here tried the "Ask" Italian Restaurants. I have been sent a voucher for one main meal for a £1 when purchasing another meal.

Is this chain of Restaurants any good? I was thinking of inviting a friend to join me one evening, but do not want to do so, if the meals are not good. Your comments would be welcome.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
I haven't been to one for a while but they used to be fine. Go for it.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
yes we have one in Orpington. Visit it now and again. It's nice enough. Typical so called Italian fare. I usually have the Spaghetti with meatballs (with extra Chilli).

davidg

they're fine...

was that the two meals for one plus a pound offer?

their pizzas are good and other bits and bobs look okay...certainly good value. the one near my office is always full, but it is next to Primark!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
They're perfectly OK. It's a bit pizza / pasta / lasagne / Ceasar salad, but they're fine. There's one a short stroll from DoctorTowers that we go to from time to time.

I can recommend the honeycomb cheesecake. Cheesecake meets Crunchie bar :blush:

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
snakehips said:
Don't knock it till you've tried it !
A quid , what have you got to lose ?

They very helpfully put a menu on the website, the main courses are not inexpensive and then there are desserts, I hope, and drinks, or coffee etc, it could soon add up, which is fine if the food is good.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
ASK were always a good night out, good food, fair price and clean and cosy...candle...flower...flirty waitress....

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Kind of you to mention the flirty waitresses, BigonaBianchi, but it is a female friend I am thinking of taking.:blush:

It sounds like it might be worth a try. Thank you for your comments.
Fab Foodie, I will let you know what happens.

yello

Imho, when it comes to Italian restaurant chains, Zizi's is better. Sorry, I know that's not where your voucher is for! Ask is, um, ok.... certainly for a quid!

Will1985

Über Member
yello said:
Imho, when it comes to Italian restaurant chains, Zizi's is better. Sorry, I know that's not where your voucher is for! Ask is, um, ok.... certainly for a quid!
Funny you say that because they are all part of the same restaurant group and have very similar menus!

It would be nice if there was something Italian about these places apart from the word - staff unable to correctly pronounce dishes or even the word Zizzi's is poor.

Top Bottom