Asking for Feedback about my bike lock invention

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Bickeylikey

Bickeylikey

Guys, I was originally going to put one spanner in each package.
I've been thinking about the following points:
1) It's really annoying not having a spare for something in case things go wrong, or having to wait a few days to get a spare from a manufacturer and deal with all that crap.
2) There is a high costs associated with dealing with people who have lost their keys and consistently replacing them
3) Providing two keys would genuinely create a better product experience for any cyclist who uses this

And I'm strongly feeling like providing multiple spanners in each package is the way to go. Thank you for helping me reconsider this :smile: :smile: :smile:

Any other feedback you have, please let me know. Even negative feedback is good as it helps me hone my pitch. And positive feedback helps me sleep at night ;P

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
What about the option to buy multiple packs with the same key too?

OP
OP
Bickeylikey

Bickeylikey

@summerdays - if someone these directly from our online store (which is nonexistant as of now since we haven't launched) - we could definitely send them a full set with matching keys.

Pre-packaging these in retail stores is a much bigger problem. For a set of QR skewers it's fine, but solid-axle bikes mainly have different thread sizes (M9, 3/8-26, and M10). These differences sometimes exist even between the front and the back wheels, so including the right sizes in a package might be too complicated. Leaning towards only providing single sets in retail stores and allowing for matching sets online.

Any suggestions here?

fabregas485

Its a good idea and would work as a good deterrent, but I reckon I could get it off easily in a few seconds.

I shall pm you a few methods, as I would rather not post them in public as I guess you use this system at the moment.

adscrim

Veteran

The two guys on kickstarter don't look much like Liang/Bikeylikey. I wonder who had the idea first.......

Top Bottom