Assaulted by a burglar at work.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Thanks for the kind wishes everyone. The good/bad news is that I don't have a nice bruise to show off, even the small cuts are doing their best to fade already. Work told me to take the day off today, so I'm just chilling out ^_^
You're like me, you don't bruise easily and injuries heal quickly.:thumbsup:

Reactions: TVC
Hope you make a speedy recovery and try not to dwell on this incident.
Even though he assaulted you it's not personal, he doesn't know you, so just put it behind you.
Just some travelling crim out to make a fast buck and intimidating the locals!

Arch

Married to Night Train
It occurs to me what fun it would be to get a big reel, fill it with thin empty plastic sleeving, paint the outside layer with copper paint, and bung some shrink wrap over it. You'd have to weight the middle a bit I guess to make it feel right. Or make the centre of the reel bigger than it looks, and coat with one thin layer of real wire.

Then leave it somewhere tempting, and watch the scroats make off with it....

OP
OP
T

TVC

Update:

The Police know who my two friends are, they are wanted in the Midlands, Scotland, the South Coast and the West Country. They were last known at a travellers site in Nottingham, the police raided there, but obviosly all the residents had never heard of them.

So, eventually they will get pulled, but it seems the police might want to talk to them about a lot more than slapping me round the face.

Just seen this - get well soon. Nice that work are giving you some free time!

Also nice to hear they do know who the suspects are in this matter. Sounds like they will eventually be picked up, probably for an innocuous traffic stop - ill keep my fingers crossed for you!

Shortmember

Bickerton Cyclocross Racing Team groupie
If it's any consolation i'm sure that if the villains get caught they will suffer the full wrath of our legal system.When they get two weeks community service for their crime, then they'll be sorry.

OP
OP
T

TVC

Thanks CC, they just winged me, no real damage done. As I said above, Notts police put on a full raid at this travellers site, they wouldn't do that just for a small aggravated burglary, they want them for something more substantial. Perhaps the crime against me won't even go to court if there is something more meaty to nail them on - which is fine by me so long as they aren't going round slapping anyone else.

OP
OP
T

TVC

Another update:

One of the nice gentlemen has been arrested.

I got a call last night from the police asking if I was available to do an ID today. So this morning I went with another witness down to the ID suite at the Leicester custody centre for a video session. The staff there knew little about the case - as is right - except that chappy wasn't being held in Leicester. Anyway I did the video parade and picked out matey immediately (he has a couple of very clear features that give him away). If I hadn't recognised him, it was obvious he was the guy because quite frankly he looked scared stiff.

Two things I take from this, 1. he is clearly deeply unhappy with his situation, which I take much pleasure in, and 2. A guy in his line of business shouldn't be that bothered by a small theft, so I take it that he has more to answer for than 40kg of copper.

Top Bottom