Assaulted on Finchley Rd...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
eml1909

eml1909

Just received this from YouTube:

"The YouTube Community has flagged one or more of your videos as inappropriate. Once a video is flagged, it is reviewed by the YouTube Team against our Community Guidelines. Upon review, we have determined that the following video(s) contain content in violation of these guidelines, and have been disabled:
Atkinson Mcleod employee assaults me on way to work "

?!?!

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
So someone has flagged this to youtube and it may be removed.

Nothing to worry about, let the police deal with it now and then put a video back up later explaining what happened.

OP
OP
eml1909

eml1909

Thanks. I'm not worried, I just cannot understand on what basis the YouTube censors thought it appropriate to remove the video. Obviously the complaint was from Atkinson Mcleod but just because it was very bad PR for them, I do not think that the video breached any guidelines.

I notice that AM have also removed all of the comments about this incident from their Facebook page.

Interesting that AM is not prepared, whether on FB, YouTube or their own webpage to make a public statement condemning the threatening and abusive behaviour of their employee. Nor are they willing to say what "appropriate actions" they have taken.

Me thinks that perhaps they are not taking this very seriously at all and are simply interested in the negative PR....

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Ah, I wouldn't worry about it - YouTube will remove videos based on privacy complaints in this sort of situation. It isn't justified at all in UK law, but YouTube understandably are just avoiding legal battles.

My reaction if someone does this to me is to get a few friends to re-upload it, and remind the company and driver of the Streisand Effect (wiki it). User rosickyize is a good bet, whoever they are, they have a couple of my videos up.

Reactions: gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I'm working on a project which will help in situations like this, but alas it is still in planning phases. As Mikey and sub aqua have said... there are users on youtube who will happily upload the video.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
I notice that AM have also removed all of the comments about this incident from their Facebook page.

Interesting that AM is not prepared, whether on FB, YouTube or their own webpage to make a public statement condemning the threatening and abusive behaviour of their employee. Nor are they willing to say what "appropriate actions" they have taken.

Me thinks that perhaps they are not taking this very seriously at all and are simply interested in the negative PR....
The way I read the FB "statement" AM were not even admitting that it was an employee, just that it was their car.

BUR70N

Shame that you didn't report it straight away.

I had similar where a chap said that I should be on the cycle path and tried to read me my rights, I did shout co*k as he drove off, which was waving a red rag to a bull, he decided to keep ranting and then sped up and cut right in front of me, I had nowhere to go but in the side of his Merc handlebar's first. :whistle:

I was also abit shocked about it but reported it to Traffic at work, was working for Suffolk Police at the time, and they said they would keep an eye out...

I think the best motorist come I have had when asking about their priorities when driving was, "Least I have a driving license" - To which I replied "Is that the best you can do"

I think the best motorist come I have had when asking about their priorities when driving was, "Least I have a driving license" - To which I replied "Is that the best you can do"

My normal response to that one is "its amazing the crap you get in Christmas crackers these days"

Top Bottom