At the desk opposite mine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
NickM

NickM

Veteran
The thing is - do you:

a) assume that anybody new you meet is an alien until proven otherwise, or :biggrin: continue to extend the benefit of the doubt?

I think I'm going to adopt policy (a), in order to minimise disappointments.

OP
OP
NickM

NickM

Veteran
Oh, come on - a font is either a thing you do baptisms with, or a typeface. It's got bugger all to do with being a repository of knowledge.

:biggrin:

Anyway, I'm off now. Traaaa!

NickM said:
"Of course, the house is a tip. <sniff> On Saturday I had to go over to Mum's and do her shopping and sort her out, <sniff> and of course she lives over the other side of Heathrow..."

"Then I had to go and collect Lucy from <sniff> Croydon and get her blinds..."

"I did manage to get some ironing done Saturday night, but I was too tired to put it away <sniff>..."

"You know how it is when you're married to a floor-layer, your own floor is always the last to get done..."

FFS, why does the woman think anybody gives a shoot? And why does she sniff all the bloody time? Either issue me with a gun or take my brain out and stomp on it, will you?

Meanwhile she's posting:

"Across the desk from me is one of these arrogant lycra louts that you read about in the paper................................" :biggrin:

Haitch

Flim Flormally
NickM said:
Oh, come on - a font is either a thing you do baptisms with, or a typeface. It's got bugger all to do with being a repository of knowledge.

True, but, for what it's worth, "font of all" gets 50,100 Google hits and "fount of all" a mere 43,300.

I can see hailstones out of my window.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
They Live...

Fortunately I have my own office - although apparently the organisation that represents university estates managers think that this is 'inefficient' and would like us all to be in open plan offices. That would just be great for all the confidential conversations I am supposed to have as a university tutor.

Frankly, they can **** off.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Similar to FM, I have my own office, and they want to "improve" our working lot by making us work together in bigger rooms. As it is, I can burp and fart to my heart's content, coz few people actually need to visit my little lair...also might cut down my time on here :biggrin: unless I can sit at the edge of the office with desk facing in.... mooted for next year.... :biggrin:

I was given the job of managing a move from our individual offices to open-plan, the migration into a windowless ground-floor dungeon whilst it was carried out, and some of the design. Made me v. popular. I don't think.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I have a view of a rather horrible sixties building, but if I stand up I can look down on a rather beautiful cherry tree that gives me a wonderful sense of the passing seasons...

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Flying_Monkey said:
I have a view of a rather horrible sixties building, but if I stand up I can look down on a rather beautiful cherry tree that gives me a wonderful sense of the passing seasons...

So is this some sort of admission that you spend the whole year gawping out of your window to clock what season you're in?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Flying_Monkey said:
A Japanese woman nearly bought my house once coz of the cherry tree in the back garden. However, she was also astute enough to notice that the house was falling to bits and so pulled out...

Top Bottom