At the desk opposite mine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

radger

Veteran
I can see cranes from my window. if I stand up, I can see boats in the harbour though.
I hate working in open-plan offices, although at least in this one there are rarely any other people about. I used to have my own office, which I miss terribly (this was 2 jobs back, and I don't miss the job, just the office)

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Flying_Monkey said:
I have a view of a rather horrible sixties building, but if I stand up I can look down on a rather beautiful cherry tree that gives me a wonderful sense of the passing seasons...

Meanwhile 1/2 a mile away across Newcastle...I stare out of the window and reminise about the very pleasant quadrangle of lawn, thick bushes, almond & cherry trees its numerous blackbirds, robins, waxwing visitiors in winter, even a resident rabbit which was for many years an oasis in the middle of our Uni

Ripped up, pulled up, paved and concreted over for the new fancy pedestrian Northumbria Bridge between the campuses...a few token scraggy bushes and lollipop trees replanted.. no grass for the students or staff to lie on balmy summer days, the the wildlife is all gone. Forever.

Microchosim of the way the world is going :biggrin::biggrin::thumbsdown:

OP
OP
NickM

NickM

Veteran
Andy in Sig said:
:biggrin:

Best I don't mention then that the view from my living room window is the Danube with bike path of the same name running alongside it.:biggrin:
I can nearly see the Thames from our upstairs windows ("If it wasn't for the houses in between", and all that).

In ten years' time, I'll probably be able to see it lapping at the bottom of the street...

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Rhythm Thief said:
What's that from? I'm sure I recognise it.

It's not this, is it?

"Gus Elen was the best known of the 'coster' comedians, who performed songs and sketches about being a Cockney. [...] His most famous song was ‘If it Wasn’t for the Houses in Between’ about the cramped housing conditions of the East End."

Arch

Married to Night Train
"Wiv a ladder and some glasses, I could see to 'ackney Marshes, If it wasn't for the houses in between..."

I can't see anything from where I am now, it's a virtually enclosed computer room inside another room. But from my window at home, I have a view of York Minster, now with added illuminated Advent Star, which is nice on dark miserable mornings.

OP
OP
NickM

NickM

Veteran
That's houses as in "ahses", of course :biggrin:

Tetedelacourse

NickM said:
This morning's topic of discussion is The Efficacy of Anti-Creasing Programs in Tumble Driers.

One million words by lunchtime, no doubt :biggrin:

So far, my Fat Moron has declared what a "cool" language Polish is and has decided that children should not be allowed to go to football matches as it inhibits her venomous behaviour.

And so far, she's had a bacon and fried egg roll, a packet of crisps and a snickers.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
NickM said:
This morning's topic of discussion is The Efficacy of Anti-Creasing Programs in Tumble Driers.

One million words by lunchtime, no doubt :biggrin:
Get in with a pre-emptive strike NickM....say the following: "I find that hanging clothes outside in the fresh air helps to preserve the creases, and keeps my bills down too".

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Tetedelacourse said:
So far, my Fat Moron has declared what a "cool" language Polish is and has decided that children should not be allowed to go to football matches as it inhibits her venomous behaviour.

And so far, she's had a bacon and fried egg roll, a packet of crisps and a snickers.

She's right about the language....

OP
OP
NickM

NickM

Veteran
Oh no... I'm not getting drawn into conversation. Before I know it I'll have to be feigning sympathy over the deficiencies of her daughter's in-laws...

Better to save myself for you lovely people :biggrin:

OP
OP
NickM

NickM

Veteran
Now she's giving instructions down the phone to her daughter (who has just bought a flat and moved out - and what a saga that was) on How To Clean Things. The girl has obviously never lifted a finger in her life. Last week, it was How To Make Poached Eggs :biggrin:

Top Bottom