At the desk opposite mine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

medals

Opposite me is a rather nice looking yummy mummy and behind me is a window looking out onto a little wood which sometimes resembles a country life advert. I'm quite lucky:thumbsup:

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Does this fascination, exhibited in childhood by the desire to poke a dog turd with a stick, and continued into adulthood with a irrational interest in 'the plebs' have a name i wonder? :biggrin:

Tetedelacourse

Gary Askwith said:
Does this fascination, exhibited in childhood by the desire to poke a dog turd with a stick, and continued into adulthood with a irrational interest in 'the plebs' have a name i wonder? :biggrin:

I wouldn't call it an interest, although there is a degree of fascination in just how moronic a 43 year old woman can be. I'm forced to sit opposite the moron at work. In the interests of my own sanity I feel that sharing her moronic ways gives me at least some respite. I haven't done it here until now, now that I know that NickM is faced with a similar situation.

My moron informed me a few weeks back that she first tasted pineapple on a pizza.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Anti crease, shine a light, you lucky buggar.....

I'm in my own office with a view over some grass and trees, with lots of students walking past, making loads of noise, but it's better than the open plan portacabbin I used to work in, with barred windows, and steel storage containers next to the windows, so you hardly saw any daylight !

OP
OP
NickM

NickM

Veteran
Tetedelacourse said:
My moron informed me a few weeks back that she first tasted pineapple on a pizza.
:biggrin:

But you're jolly lucky if you only have to cope with one - like Gary's, mine are everywhere. It's like cowering in a covered wagon, waiting for the burning arrows of inanity from the ululating redskins...

Actually, I'm not sure that I would characterise the woman sat opposite me as stupid, exactly; it's just that the world she inhabits seems to be so limited that her experience of it must be entirely different from mine of the world I inhabit.

It's a bit like trying to imagine what the world as seen by another species looks like. Or would be, if I wanted to do it.

OP
OP
NickM

NickM

Veteran
You know, the main reason that retirement is so longingly to be desired is that from the day you retire you get to choose who you associate with*.

No whining students/customers/users. No uppity "managers". No dullard "colleagues". Just worthwhile people who share an interest, be it cycling or whatever.

Wouldn't that be loverly?

*I've already eradicated unsatisfactory relatives from my life

Outside my window is a storm: Trees blown out of rhythm and raindrops blown in a wild race across the window, briefly frozen for a moment and then pursuing their wild dash again.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
My colleagues appear to have no sense of humour/irony/the absurd. Someone emailed to find out about a Health & Safety booklet we're meant to be passing around. I sent one back (to mail group) saying I tripped over it and banged my head. Now people are mailing me to ask if I'm OK, and the boss wants to know if i need any treatment... :biggrin::biggrin:

Fnaar said:
My colleagues appear to have no sense of humour/irony/the absurd. Someone emailed to find out about a Health & Safety booklet we're meant to be passing around. I sent one back (to mail group) saying I tripped over it and banged my head. Now people are mailing me to ask if I'm OK, and the boss wants to know if i need any treatment... :biggrin::biggrin:

Surely, with Christmas approaching, a well-earned period of awl (absent with leave) is due. After all, your colleagues did receive your mail informing them of your most unfortunate accident. Or have you already let the cat out of the bag? :biggrin:
Get well soon!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Fnaar said:

In the furtherance of the Health and Safety Policy that you mention, could you please give warnings about such hilarlously funny posts, I nearly choked on my cheese and onion sandwich and nearly fell off my chair laughing. :biggrin::biggrin: Your comments need a risk assessment. thank you:biggrin::biggrin:

Tetedelacourse

We got an email a while back, advising those of us who weren't familiar with "stairs" to practice using "stairs" now and again so that, in the event of a fire, we will be more efficient in evacuating the building.

WTF

Fnaar said:

was there a passage on tripping hazhards? If not it could be a serious oversight or an opportunity....

Top Bottom