At the desk opposite mine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Yawn...
We've just had an H&S audit...firstly everybody working in the warehouse or non factory persons entering the factory need to wear a high viz tabardy thing and all kinds of hot things have yellow "Caution these things might be hot" signs placed by them....sinks, the fryers and ovens in the kitchens....suprisingly the new kettle doesn't have one, but it has been electrically tested as fit for use...
The future's not Orange...it's Yellow.

But then, because we cannot have any discrimination, we have a 40 stone high-rise fork-lift truck driver in the warehouse...If he has a "problem" whilst 30 feet above the ground we have to be able to get him down... we won't need an Paramedic, we'll need Sparrows Crane Hire.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I have mock tests all this week. I have to sit on a chair for 2 hours, not move and just look straight ahead or at the test paper* So we dont get to look out the window or anything. I had two 2 hour tests today with a one house lesson, 15 min break and half hour for lunch. Pretty boring really.
But normally i can stare out the window whilst the teacher rambles on about the lesson and how to do stuff, which is very dull. Theres not much to look at but houses in the distance and seagulls. But thats only in new the new block of school.
We used to be in porta cabins when some d**kweed decided to burn the school down. We spent a few years in porta cabins that were feezing in winter and too warm in summer. And the view was of another porta cabin. They also smelt abit because people put pens on them to shape them, and food was left on the floor and in the walls.
Its also full of mouthy chavs and kids with their heads shoved up there rectums thinking they run the school, or that they are too good for people. Good to see the teachers and the kids argue. Also got lots of strange people in, one girl went into a food room and ate some bread crums that had been in there for years, and drink some milk from the fridge that was out of date and smelled.
Pretty rubbish in school at the moment. :smile:

*Supposedly

Saddle bum

Über Member
I can see the house opposite from my office, a good incentive to get down and do some work. The only fat git in my office is me. I have this open plan office to myself.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Gary Askwith said:
Quite often i find myself walking alone, unnoticed, among the hoards of Aliens on the planet Zog..and the older i get the more zoggites there seem to be

They are taking over, they are running amock, they are destroying everything i hold dear... i do not want to live on the planet they are busy terraforming into their version of Zog heaven

To look at the original post and this, can no one but I see the connection?

Surely it’s the only explanation???

Ps. I share an office, which I quite enjoy, though when people are not there I can play music loudly…

I have a lovely view of the grounds of the old asylum…

Abitrary

I actually find overhearing little conversations like that quite satisfying.

There's a loud mouth boy racer who sits behind me at work and basically bangs on all day about anything and everything. Everyone around gets a bit *pretend* irate and sniffy about it, but when he's not there it's quite dull

Hugo15

Über Member
Don't get me started on H&S. Our kitchen is up a flight of stairs. We used to take turns making the tea in our office, carrying the cups on a tray. New women starts in office along the corridor, slips on the floor while carrying two cups. H&S answer = we are no longer allowed to make a cuppa for each other as you are only allowed to carry one cup at a time. We even have people reporting paper cuts as injuries. What do they expect, foam edged paper? I would be too embarrassed.

I also have to share an office with a guy who has the worst BO ever. Think he must have a bath once a week as some days it is OK and some days it is terrible. Perhaps I should plot day against smell to see if there is a pattern. Thought I was going to be sick last week as the smell was so bad.

Oh and they have decided to do maintenance on the gas supply this week week so no heating. It's been effing freezing. Why they couldn't have done it in the summer god only knows (and he would be bewildered too). Had to laugh today though as we were all sat in a meeting with coats on!

At least the bloke who is akin to a chocolate fire guard has resigned.

Rant over for now!

Fab Foodie

Have to say office wise, I'm pretty OK.
Although it's not pretty and we are a bit short on space the atmosphere is good. I have a lovely bubbly/busty larger than life 24 yr old, a 35 yr old jolly hockey sticks kind of red-head, my 73 foot tall stick thin Kiwi boss, a mid 40's mum of 5, a late 20 something female Malaysian spinning addict and me. We're all Science degree educated and well travelled and get along well, plenty of humour, debate but little inanity. We also have a development lab which is light and airy and overlooks a big pond that is the water reservoir for a huge sprinkler system, complete with phallic fountain. The radio's on, we can chat as we work and there's plenty of food to nibble. God I love my job...if only it wasn't so hard work!

Fab Foodie

sheddy said:
You work in a brothel ?
:smile:

Fab Foodie said:
The radio's on, we can chat as we work and there's plenty of food to nibble. God I love my job...if only it wasn't so hard work!
We also have the radio on. It is not my radio, which is why it's tuned to R2 or radio local. I have to type faster to drown it out...:smile:

Abitrary

Rhythm Thief said:
My office is my cab. I keep a mandolin or guitar and plenty of books in there for the long hours I spend waiting for a load. When I'm driving I have Radio 4 or my CDs on. It's great, I don't envy you communal office people at all.:smile:

Do you like Fairport Convention, Rhythm Thief?

Abitrary

Rhythm Thief said:
I used to but these days I mostly play electric mandolin through a distortion pedal and a wah wah. It works really well on our cover of "Stayin' Alive". Honest.:smile:

Mandolin through a wah?

Shudder

Top Bottom