Attaching SKS Mudguards to my Croix de Fer - Quality Control

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Evening all! Tonight I got the bike in the living room and spent an hour installing mudguards to my new bike. The back wasn't too bad, there wasn't much to figure out. At the front though I had to bend the struts around the disc brake calipers; I'm not proud of the quality of this, but it seems to have done the job.

I just wanted to put some pictures on here so people can tell me if I've cocked up massively and put something in the wrong place...

The wheels turn freely and seem to be centred within the guards.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Osprey

Guru
Nice looking machine. The mud guard stays look fine to me. My front stays are attached to the bolts half way down the fork legs which works fine too.

OP
OP
TheSalisburyTeacher

TheSalisburyTeacher

Nice looking machine. The mud guard stays look fine to me. My front stays are attached to the bolts half way down the fork legs which works fine too.

Oh I hadn't thought of doing that! I knew they were for pannier racks, but seeing as how I'll never use front panniers I suppose I could have used them.

Looks fine to me.

That reassures me. I put the whole thing together with no instructions as I couldn't understand the German...

...then turned over and found the English side.

boydj

Legendary Member
I used a spare front brake nut (the one that goes through from the back of the fork) as a spacer, with a longer bolt so that the stays cleared the brake without having to be bent. Barely noticeable unless you were up close. Genesis2.jpg

My front setup is like that, below the brakes. Works well.
If you have snipped the stays to length, file them round. The plastic caps come off and the sharp edge is a menace to man and trouser.
How did you fasten the rear chainstay bridge?

Top Bottom