Au revoir, once more into the breach etc...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rualexander

Legendary Member
The track along Loch Shiel is mostly good gravel surface, with few hills of any note, fine for most touring bikes.

rualexander said:
The track along Loch Shiel is mostly good gravel surface, with few hills of any note, fine for most touring bikes.

There you go, so much for local knowledge :smile: Wonderful places cycling forums.

shirokazan said:
My question, re how bone-shaking it was, was motivated by concern with how my panniers will put up with it: I've got Ortliebs but I do worry that being shaken about must put some horrible stresses on the mountings.

Was it traffic-free when you were there?

I didn't have any problems with my panniers (altura orkneys I think) but I did lose my sleeping bag once which was bungeed to my rack - it was shaken off.

Regarding traffic on the bealach na ba - there were definitely no camper vans and there wasn't too much traffic but we did have to wait for things to pass, which was actually a blessing in disguise as we could have a breather...the traffic tended to come in bunches of 3 or 4 cars as several had caught up a slow one on the way up.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Bit early in the year for camper vans, that menace comes out later in the year, a wee bit like the midges...

Top Bottom