Au revoir, once more into the breach etc...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wish us luck...tomorrow we're off to get on a train to, yes, it had to be Northern Scotland for a week's cycle touring. We've got at least 5 sheep's worth of merino wool stuffed into our panniers, more goretex than you could shake a stick at and a stove. With severe weather and a train strike threatening to delay our return, what's the worst that could happen...?!? We do the same thing every easter and the same weather happens, we'll never learn!

I'm sure it'll be a blinder of a tour. :blush::sad:

Sounds like the recipe for a great trip, Kirstie!

Have lots of fun: hope the weather gods are kind to you!

Garz

Squat Member
Haha best of luck Kirstie, try and have fun and most of all take some pics for us all to see!

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Kirstie said:
Wish us luck...tomorrow we're off to get on a train to, yes, it had to be Northern Scotland for a week's cycle touring. We've got at least 5 sheep's worth of merino wool stuffed into our panniers, more goretex than you could shake a stick at and a stove. With severe weather and a train strike threatening to delay our return, what's the worst that could happen...?!? We do the same thing every easter and the same weather happens, we'll never learn!

I'm sure it'll be a blinder of a tour. :blush::sad:

especially if you get any blizzards :sad:

Hope the weather will sort itself out - just south of Edinburgh was pretty bad today, but it's a nice sunny (if chilly) evening now. Around Aviemore they apparently have 0.5 m of new snow ... where are you off to? I'm sure it'll disappear quickly at lower levels, once it warms up again :smile:.

Have fun!

T

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
"...once more into the breach"? Every Scots favourite line is the next one "till we fill it with English dead!", by the way France is in the opposite direction :blush:

So where you going?? If you do happen to stop off in Edinburgh do say hello, CC Ecosse will turn out to welcome you!

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Have a wonderful time! Dead jealous (although as I snuggle onto my nice warm sofa, I might change my mind!)

shirokazan

Veteran
Hope all goes well. Today, I've come back from my first tour: just a four day jaunt around Essex and Suffolk. A bit rainy (and an irritating mechanical issue), so nothing compared to your likely trials and tribulations.

Make sure you clear the snow for my next tour to Scotland, starting 21st April!

jags

Guru
really look forward to see some pic's of this trip.
best of luck hope you have a blast
keep warm.

Top Bottom