"Audi driver and cyclist clash"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
No sound.

Was that you ?

I may have killed the driver !

Davidsw8

Mr Hollister there looks about 15!

There's no way he should have cut in to that first section of bus lane in front of the bike and it's downright dangerous driving to FORCE someone to stop by cutting in front and blocking their path - he isn't the police and has no authority to do that.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Looks a bit like the driver started to rage pretty badly, stopped the cyclist and then burnt out pretty quickly without any aggression or accusations from the cyclist. I wonder if it has anything to do with perceiving a bike being in the way, then it becoming another human being once confronted and turns civil.

Maz

Guru
Just proves the point about Audi drivers!!!

I don't think we should generalise drivers by the cars they drive. I'm sure there must be more than a few Audi drivers on here (I'm not one). :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 20519

Looks a bit like the driver started to rage pretty badly, stopped the cyclist and then burnt out pretty quickly without any aggression or accusations from the cyclist. I wonder if it has anything to do with perceiving a bike being in the way, then it becoming another human being once confronted and turns civil.

Or maybe he was ready to start arguing and then he clocked the camera?

steve6690

Regular
The Audi driver was completely at fault and his reaction bordered on dangerous driving. You really should report this to the police IMHO.

martint235

Dog on a bike
It wasn't me. Oh I think most people had guessed that by the outcome.

Personally I think you handled it really well. He was at fault without doubt but it ended well and I'd let it go at that.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Or maybe he was ready to start arguing and then he clocked the camera?
Spot on.

The camera was the only reason this ended as well as it did.

I think I heard him ask for acknowledgement for the camera at one point, so he realised he was being filmed.

I believe that is the only reason he was so civilised. Even his opening words were diffused by the sight of the cam "you touch my car and....(spots cam).....its an offence".

Still needs to be reported. Ending "nicely" is not the objective, he needs to be prosecuted for dangerous driving, he admitted seeing the cyclist and still went on to ram him from the road, then uses his car as a weapon to intimidate still further.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Advice, if this happens to you and if you are going to stand your ground get off the bike and approach the driver quicker than he is approaching you, if you are not going to stay there mount pavement and ride in other direction. So vulnerable stood there on the bike.

Top Bottom