"Audi driver and cyclist clash"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Was the driver 'stoned'??

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I read the title and though "Obvious fabrication" Audi drivers never clash with cyclists.:blink:

There would have been space if the cyclist had not been there. Outstanding.

What a complete and utter Coq that driver is.
Apart from dangerous driving, driving without due care and attention, behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace, driving in a bus lane, illegal use of the horn and being a total dick, he didn't do anything wrong!

It wasn't me - it wouldn't have been quite so polite if it was!!!

You and me both mate.

IMHO the cyclist needs to grow a pair! In a situation like that I would be straight off the bike and ready, there was no justification for the driver to behave in that manner. There are to many cyclists on the road who, when faced with an idiot like that seem almost apologetic MTFU.

Drago

Legendary Member
He's lucky he didn't get bounced around the landscape, or Kenneth Noye'd.

What kind of tool is in such a hurry they'd drive like that, yet still has the time to stop for a wee confrontation.

Audi - Arrogance Unimpeded by Driver Intelligence.

Crankarm

Guru
Driving into a bus lane, when you are NOT driving a bus but a car, using horn aggressively and excessively, ramming a cyclist into the kerb who was legitimately using the bus/cycle lane. If the police weren't interested in this then I would want to know why. The guy is clearly a danger to other road users.

Audi driver ........ what do you expect. They are the canutes of the road whether you are a cyclist or another car driver.

Davidsw8

Just watched this again with the sound on this time... It amazes me how protective some men are about their cars, they can almost knock you off your bike and physically hurt you but one little tap on a tonne of steel they happen to own and it's the end of the world.

One time, I was on a zebra crossing and a cabby pulled round a corner (full visability) and passed in front of me, I knocked the back of the cab with my knuckle as he passed (that close) and he pulled over and started screaming at me through his window.

PK99

Legendary Member
Spot on.

The camera was the only reason this ended as well as it did.

I think I heard him ask for acknowledgement for the camera at one point, so he realised he was being filmed.
r.

Can you point me to that? I've just viewed it again and cannot spot it.

It seemed like a polite exchange of views between two reasonable people, one of whom (the motorist) had just made a mistake. Hats off to the cyclist for making his reasonable points in a reasonable manner

Davidsw8

Can you point me to that? I've just viewed it again and cannot spot it.

It seemed like a polite exchange of views between two reasonable people, one of whom (the motorist) had just made a mistake. Hats off to the cyclist for making his reasonable points in a reasonable manner

Funny how perceptions differ on the same clip, I found that little oik to be quite threatening to be honest. It's that steely-eyed-Jason-Statham,-I'm-ready-to-lash-out-any-second-if-you-start-mate kinda vibe.

Hip Priest

Veteran
There was a weird contrast between the aggression of the driving and the calm demeanour of the driver. I think others are probably right that he cooled the aggression upon seeing the cam. I also thought KMCYC handled it very well.

400bhp

Guru
There was a weird contrast between the aggression of the driving and the calm demeanour of the driver. I think others are probably right that he cooled the aggression upon seeing the cam. I also thought KMCYC handled it very well.

There's an alternative view - he does it [agression in one form or another] a lot and so is accustomed to calming his temper.

Monsieur

Sorry...I'm an Audi driver, a cyclist and a motorcyclist.
First thing - why quote the make of car? Is it only Audi drivers who are a danger to cyclists?
Secondly - he may have crept over before he should have done. Surey though if you are on a cycle (or on a motorcycle) why would you risk your life to berate a car driver? Half a tonne of metal and glass is going to make a hell of a mess of a cyclist without any harm coming to the car driver. Pull back and let the driver go.
Thirdly - if someone had 'nearly' knocked me off my bike and potentially harmed me I sure as hell wouldn't be polite and calm to the driver. I'd be close to having my hands around his throat.

I'm not saying this is the case in this incident but many of the so called 'incidents' I've seen filmed on this forum actually are caused by the cyclist themselves - riding too far out, taking up too much of a traffic lane, intentially looking for a confrontation.
This case involved a cyclist in a cycle lane clearly coming to the end of that lane so should have been expecting a vehicle to merge into same lane at some point.

Prior planning my dear boy.

For fecks sake just ride the bike, use proper caution, don't piss anyone off and, mostly, you will remain unscathed and stress-free.

Says me - 50 years old, driving a car and motorcyle since 1979, riding a bicycle since 1964 and to this day not involved in any accident whatsoever. Why?Because I expect someone else to make a mistake.

Sorry...I'm an Audi driver, a cyclist and a motorcyclist.
First thing - why quote the make of car? Is it only Audi drivers who are a danger to cyclists?
Secondly - he may have crept over before he should have done. Surey though if you are on a cycle (or on a motorcycle) why would you risk your life to berate a car driver? Half a tonne of metal and glass is going to make a hell of a mess of a cyclist without any harm coming to the car driver. Pull back and let the driver go.
Thirdly - if someone had 'nearly' knocked me off my bike and potentially harmed me I sure as hell wouldn't be polite and calm to the driver. I'd be close to having my hands around his throat.

I'm not saying this is the case in this incident but many of the so called 'incidents' I've seen filmed on this forum actually are caused by the cyclist themselves - riding too far out, taking up too much of a traffic lane, intentially looking for a confrontation.
This case involved a cyclist in a cycle lane clearly coming to the end of that lane so should have been expecting a vehicle to merge into same lane at some point.

Prior planning my dear boy.

For fecks sake just ride the bike, use proper caution, don't **** anyone off and, mostly, you will remain unscathed and stress-free.

Says me - 50 years old, driving a car and motorcyle since 1979, riding a bicycle since 1964 and to this day not involved in any accident whatsoever. Why?Because I expect someone else to make a mistake.

You had to bring common sense into it, just to spoil a good discussion

Top Bottom