Audi driver blasts court for costing him £4500 for passing cyclist too close.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Mod Note:
Threads merged.

I can feel a daily mail campaign to outlaw the use of cameras by cyclists in the offing.

Naah. It makes for good stories.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
"Drivers are increasingly being targeted by cyclists who record their journeys via GoPro cameras and film unsuspecting motorists."

Poor driving and attitude from the driver aside this snippet from the article is absolutely disgusting imo.
How about cyclists targeted by poor drivers are finally able to defend themselves to an extent.

If people drove safely around us there would be nothing to 'target' and 'unsuspecting' suggesting the driver's are the victims. Im enraged :cursing::rolleyes:

a.twiddler

Veteran
Some people just have to be right, unfortunately. This time it bit him on the barse. Probably it has nothing to do with him being 77, behaviour tends to be something that recurs. There is a strong likelihood that he has been like this all his life, even if this is the first time he ended up in court. If it wasn't a cyclist, it would probably be taking liberties with some other social group.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Doesn't look very close, but it's hard to tell with the typical wide lenses on these.

Give that the Q8 is just a smidge under 2m wide and that lanes on B roads are, on average, 3.7m wide and his offside wheels only just went over the centre line then I would say that it's a fairly easy one to judge. Even if the rider was in the absolute minimum secondary position of 50cm from the kerb/roadside that still only leaves 1.2m when the minimum passing distance is 1.5m. Too close.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
To be fair to audi driver his defence is pretty watertight:

"Mr Humphreys, said: "The fine is absolutely appalling. I am 77 years of age and the last fine I had was 35 to 40 years ago.
Other than that I have never had a fine and I have had a licence for 60 years."

Top Bottom