Auntie Helen seeks touring partner...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lone Rider

Thanks for your quick replies.
Helen, I´ve downloaded the track and I'll look into it tomorrow.
Andy, do you have a web page? You seem to have lots of interesting information about cycling in Germany. I've taken note of your tips and thank you again for your help.

Radius

SHREDDER
I'm pretty interested in fact Helen! Very tempted. Don't know if I'm equipped right now, but I probably could be by September. If you didn't mind my company, that is! Keep me posted as per arrangements!

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Hi Radius,

It would be lovely for you to come along if some of the other options pan out. And you can practise your German some more, too!

With regard to being equipped, I'm not one for camping (I stay in B&Bs and hotels) so I assume you're referring to panniers/rack etc. Plenty of time to sort that out by September.

My tour just now worked out at about 50€ per day, I'm thinking of going for a week, but it's all dependent on many things, of course!

paulrw

I would be interested for sure. I am going on my solo trip, mainly camping from Rotterdam to Vienna next week and god only knows what will happen! I only got a bike last year and went from st malo to narbonne for a first time. I seem to remember all the good bits ! As I am retired and money is not a real issue I would like to be informed of any developments of your good idea. I must say I am a fair weather cyclist and would be consulting forecasts prior. Softie eh ? Maybe my imminent trip will put me off for life, who knows. Well done on your trip and especially well done on the communication front; easy when you are'nt camping!!

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
If not panniers then you'll have to tow a trailer :becool:

Paulrw, good luck on your trip, and I'm sure you'll love it!

Here's my helpful tip of the German you need at-the-ready at all occasions: "Ein Bier bitte."

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I was rather hoping that if I had a chap along I could get them to be helpful and gentlemanly and take all my luggage, y'see :becool:

So you'll need the trailer for mine and any other accompanying female's stuff. There might be room for a spare pair of socks for you, as well.

I feel a bit bad that I didn't bring my husband back a bottle of Riesling, seeing as I was in Riesling-World, but I didn't want to have that much extra weight in my panniers :bicycle: If I'd had a handy man along, however...

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Between now and then, we have plenty of time to practice our German.

Vom welchen Gleis fahrt der Zug nach .....

Top Bottom