Auntie Helen seeks touring partner...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Ich habe gern der Rennradfahren auf Sky Sports kuchen, und dann gehe ich ins Bett.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Speicher said:
Ich habe gern der Rennradfahren auf Sky Sports kuchen, und dann gehe ich ins Bett.
Cooking a cycle race :thumbsup: Is that like cooking the books? :biggrin: (although pronounced 'kucken', the word you are probably looking for is 'gucken' which is Umgangssprache)

With all our multiple languages we will be fine - particularly ComedyPilot's Dutch, as no doubt we will travel through Holland to get to the Fatherland.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I get the impression that fernsehen as a verb is starting to sound old fashioned. Gucken is colloquial but works. One of the variants around schauen is I think most in use but I can't swear to that.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I tend to use schauen generally, rather than gucken, but I am no expert. Gucken was an odd one as we weren't taught it at school (way back when dinosaurs walked the earth) and when I arrived in Berlin at the Goethe Institut and the teacher kept saying 'gucken' several of us had no idea what she was on about! Consequently I still find it a bit hard to use and tend to go for schauen first.

Radius

SHREDDER
I often hear kids say 'guck mal' as well as 'schau mal' to their parents. I use both, but that doesn't mean it's right!
I can however talk about nuclear energy and alternative renewable energy sources if you so wish ;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Damn, it's all sounding very interesting (I know no German...) but September will see me on the verge of a nervous breakdown, and broke.

Sometime in the future though...

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Lone Rider said:
Thanks for your quick replies.
Helen, I´ve downloaded the track and I'll look into it tomorrow.
Andy, do you have a web page? You seem to have lots of interesting information about cycling in Germany. I've taken note of your tips and thank you again for your help.

Sorry, I have no web page, IT not being my thing but if I can be of use then just PM me. Incidentally I would also recommend a two night stop in Fussen or the southern end of the nearby Forggensee as this will give you time to have a look at the castles.

Plax

Guru
I'd be interested, although I'd have to check how much holidays I have left. Our hols run from Jan - Dec and I've been a bit frivolous with them :biggrin:. We are having a forced shutdown over Christmas and have been told we have to keep 3 holidays aside for that.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Well it looks as though there may well be a week or so available in September (date to be confirmed, of course) as I mentioned it to my husband and he seemed to think it was a good plan. He'll be sailing somewhere so won't be touring with me.

Top Bottom