Aussie GP (spoiler)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member
That was a race of attrition! Watching the drivers come out of the corners without the smoothness we are used to seeing really showed how much they had been relying on computers in the past. Massa's "off" after the first corner was probably quite embarrassing!

I think on the whole these changes will be for the better too. Is it me or do the trackside cameras now have better sound? I've never really noticed the tyre squeals and stuff at crashes, but Glock's was a full audio experience of how to wreck your car!

P.S. I'm quite tired after that too....alright for some who could watch it live at lunchtime Keith!!!

Melvil

Good on the boy, hope he wins this season - though I do find it funny when they play the national anthem on the podium...I don't find highly talented drivers who live in tax havens and spend most of their time dotted around the globe in any way representative of any country, do you?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Well I think the first race can get a few smashes and incidents but this year did seem particularly good. 6point lead on Kovi and 9pts on Kimi is a dream start really.

Will1985 that's an interesting point about the sound, I didn't particularly notice. For years at most races there have been the option of different feeds and ITV has been generally rumoured to have gone for the cheaper options :biggrin:. Thesedays a high def feed is available. ITV1 HD is rumoured to launch soonish and there have been rumours about ITV buying a better or HD feed so I hope this is the case and could certainly explain the better sound.

gbb

Legendary Member
I noticed the sound when that guy took off on the bump and took two wheels off. A great crash.

Am I the only person who only watched F1 for the crashes when I was a kid. Oh, and those 6-wheeler cars?

Lotus :biggrin: Tyrrel (oops ) methinks...JPS black and gold IIRC

Bugger, made an arse of that one :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I thought it was a fantastic race, although I was disappointed not to see Kimi do better. Hamilton deserved to win it though, he drove very professionally indeed. Roll on Malaysia this weekend!

Maz

Guru
each to their own, but i find GP really really dull...youve seen one lap youve seen em all...may the best engine [yes, engine, not driver] win.

there, i've said it.

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
I'm not an avid supporter of GP but I think you're way off in saying it's only the engine. Almost every part of the car is also critical in getting the correct package and even then the final touch is to get the best driver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A colleague who watched the live version told me about the crash between Coulthard and Massa and the uncut version of Coulthard's interview, I think it went something like this but maybe not as polite.
Interviewer: Do you Massa was to blame?
Coulthard: Yes and if he doesn't apologise I'll kick the ***& out of him.

Link

Maz

Guru
Keith Oates said:
I'm not an avid supporter of GP but I think you're way off in saying it's only the engine. Almost every part of the car is also critical in getting the correct package and even then the final touch is to get the best driver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok i should have said 'car' not just 'engine'...the driver is relegated to being a car accessory IMO.

walker

Maz said:
ok i should have said 'car' not just 'engine'...the driver is relegated to being a car accessory IMO.

You could have a point, but not entirely sure. Alonso Was a great driver for Renualt 2-3 seasons ago, takes a season out, then return to drive one of the worst cars on the grid and manages to keep in in the top ten.

Also, Motor racing can be really dull, if you don't know whats going on and what goes into getting the car to the end and how to win the race.

Cycling is pretty much the same if not duller, no one really douing anything till the last 20k, so you've just watched 3 hours of breaks that get reeled in.

Maz

Guru
true, i dont particularly like watching cycling races either, but at least with them i can appreciate the effort made by the rider.

seems that with GP the same car team wins year in year out

Top Bottom