average speed = no racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@jamma I think what people are getting at is if you want to do this you need to commit as much as you can and then some, @Supersuperleeds lives I think about 3 miles from work but can ride 50 miles into work, just look at his ticker he is well over 11,000 miles and its only mid Aug, we understand life is difficult but if its what you want you will make the time & commitment if not you won't get anywhere, and if that is the case just enjoy cycling for the fun it is.

Ok. How many miles per month are you prepared to put in? How many miles per month do you think your competitors will be putting in?

That will give you a clue as to the relative experience, fitness and strength.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
@jamma. I've not had anything to say about you previously so I'm not in any gang of p*** taking.

I'm 47, have no competitive urge left in me for cycling at all, dodgy knees & I have nothing to prove to myself or anyone else. I ride by choice not necessity and am a happy pootler. I have had an 10 hour shift at work as team leader today and same again tomorrow, it was peeing down when I got up and the weather forecast was to get worse across the day. My car was sat outside the house doing nothing else but I still got on my bike and rode the direct 7 miles into work in the cold, half light and spitty rain. I have made a 10 mile wet draggy uphill ride home just because I fancied a little wake up after a dull workday. This is me in crappy weather, I could have done more and quite fancied it but knew the Mrs had tea in the oven.

You should be riding the legs off someone like me day in day out if you want to be in the fast group as a club rider let alone anything competitive.

@jamma. Like @shouldbeinbed, I have had no dealings with you and have not read any of your other posts. You have no "history" with me.

I was intrigued by the title of your thread so I came in and had a read. You repeatedly ask for "help" but pointedly refuse to listen or heed advice that shows an amazing amount of consensus amongst a broad church of cyclists of all ages and abilities. If you have a history of doing this in other threads, then I'm sorry, that is taking the p*ss in my book.

ETA: And from what I can see, the comments that you are feeling sensitive about are not personal or insulting, but driven by impatience and frustration that the answers you seek are all here so why aren't you using them already?

Last edited:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9

Screenshot_44.jpg

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Right this thread is getting locked due to a the bashing and hate against me
I have a feeling that your problems run deeper than your inability to achieve your racing ambitions. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom