average speed = no racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
We all get 24 hrs in a day. Very few of us can honestly say that there isn't at least some time to ride or turbo train. I have done late nights in the garage on the turbo when the kids were younger. Used my 18 mile each way commute as a training ride. As has been said if you want to put the miles in you will find a way.

ayceejay

Guru
To clarify the issue on finding the time to train among life's other callings I have two words to say - Beryl Burton.

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
To clarify the issue on finding the time to train among life's other callings I have two words to say - Beryl Burton.

I am ashamed to say I had to Google her. Which goes a long way to prove how she wasn't given the acclaim she so obviously deserved. Yes she makes our excuses for not riding seem a bit pathetic.

mythste

Veteran
i can do 10 mile commute in 32 mins on a good day , that with rack and panniers on a standard road bike that weighs a fair bit with clothes, food etc , normally more like 33 mins though , return trip is hillier so 35 mins .

11 miles in 42 mins for me, with mudguards and panniers. Overall weight probably close to 15 kilos. Day in day out it certainly makes the weekend jaunts on my lightweight squeeze feel easier!

Ian193

Über Member
My commute is just over 6.5 miles and it takes me about 25 minutes with normal clothes and a rucksack on

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Ok so @jamma it seems you need to ride more , i think you said you have been .
As long as your improving and enjoying it keep at it and you will get there . Don't compare yourself with others but look back and see how far you have come , break your target speed and distance down into manageable steps for improvement .
Keep at it and good luck.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I am making a new thread for my rodes so you can tell me where i am going wrong also were to improve

Link will be here when i make the new thread

Why not just use the existing today's ride thread (or whatever it's called) or newbie progress in beginners

Didn't think them threads existed i'll use them instead
That hasn't happened either, has it?

Much like your increased mileage.

125 miles this month so far?

Less than 7 miles a day on average?

4 days since your last ride?

Screenshot_2016-08-19-09-35-50.png

Be honest with yourself, it just ain't gonna happen is it?
You're fantasising about being a racer, but can't be arsed to put in the work required.;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom