average speed = no racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

Yes getting out to see new places. Just need a turbo a decent waterproof for days when it rains.

FTFY.

(good progress, keep it up)

I emailed a coach last night and he has given me this plan and i will do it and stick to it

Monday 30 mins . Heart rate 120-140bpm Warm up 5 mins at 90rpm 5 mins at 100rpm session 15 mins Change rpm every minute. Concentrate on keep your bum firmly on the saddle and sweeping back with you legs 1 min at 110 rpm 1 min at 100 rpm 5 mins cool down at 90 rpm 5 mins abs 40 seconds on 20 seconds off legs slightly bent Back part from the floor and goes up to the knees

Tuesday Standing start sprint • on road if possible 20/25 mins warm up HR 120-140bpm, 100rpm 5 sprints at 250 meters 10 mins spinning legs 2 sprints at 500 meters 10 mins spinning legs 1 sprint at 1km 20/25 min cool down HR 120-140, 100rpm • Try and record power output one each sprint

Wednesday 3 hours HR 130-150 100rpm

Thursday TT efforts • on road if possible 20 mins warm up HR 120-140, 100rpm 20 mins TT effort • 15 min HR 170-180, 100rpm • 5 mins HR 180+, 100 rpm 20 mins spin HR 120-140, 100rpm 20 mins TT effort • 15 mins HR 170-180. 100rpm • 5 mins 180+,100rpm 20 mins cool down HR 120-140, 90-100 pm Record power output on TT efforts Repeat ab workout

Friday Rest day

Saturday 3 hours HR 130-150 100rpm

Sunday 3 hours HR 130-150 100rpm

Based on the milage your doing and the fact you gave been given a plan by email I would say avoid that.

Start cycling every day with a couple of rest days. Train to power not to HR

Do indoor training if you can't get out

Build up your mileage and push yourself on shorter rides

Join a club. Join 2 and go out with them as much as possible and this is most important. Be realistic in your goals.

540 miles on 5 months is ridiculous if your ambition is to race.

Try for 300 a month. That's only 10 miles a day on average and steadily build it up..350..400..500 and so on.

Compare your power readings etc

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Do an extended commute?
My thoughts exactly!
Set out to work earlier and do a circular route. Do the same route in reverse on the way home. You could easily do 200 miles a week just doing that.

screenman

Legendary Member
I keep meaning to extend my commute but most of the time im too tired from work.

You maybe suprised but once you do a few extended rides you becomw fitter and your body more used to it. I never though I would be asble to swim 2k before work do an 8 hour day without breaks and then a ride or turbo session at night, if this 60 year old can do it I am sure you can.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
You maybe suprised but once you do a few extended rides you becomw fitter and your body more used to it. I never though I would be asble to swim 2k before work do an 8 hour day without breaks and then a ride or turbo session at night, if this 60 year old can do it I am sure you can.
its the to the second counted working in car factory weld shop sweating my nibbles off all day that does it .
That and a young family ......., im only a sprightly 48 though :smile:

screenman

Legendary Member
its the to the second counted working in car factory weld shop sweating my nibbles off all day that does it .
That and a young family ......., im only a sprightly 48 though :smile:

I also work on cars all day long, not got the young family though, mine are 26, 36 and 42. Take note kids only get worse.

johnnyb47

Guru
My time trailing days are well over but I did used to compete back in the early / mid 80s when I was a young teenager. I used to get some fairly respectable times doing the 10 mile tt.. nearly cracking 26 minutes. I was never going to catch the really fast guys though but I wasn't out there to either. I was only interested in beating my own personal best and competing against the next guy who would have the slight edge on me. My average speed never interested me either. If I could shave a few seconds off my time I was over the moon Even taking 5 seconds of your time is a mile stone but it would hardly change your overall average speed. Most importantly though was the enjoyment factor of it all. Just enjoy your time trails buddy and let nature take its course with your fitness.
All the best
Johnny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom