average speed = no racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't have Strava. Not bad going mileage wise. Looks to have averaged 16mph.
You don't have to be a member, to see the summary.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/9345347

speccy1

Well it seems like i won't be racing anytime because i can't get my average speed high. Fastest average speed was 18.5mph and that was on a club 10 TT on the drops.
I would be delighted with that here in Devon. I assume you live somewhere flat then??

simon.r

Person
31:37 tonight ten seconds slower then when i first started TT'ing even the fast guys said that it was a hard one tonight due to head wind from the start

One of my regular routes takes me around the lake of the National Watersorts Centre, which is a 2km long, thin stretch of water, designed for rowers. Putting in the same amount of effort, but with a reasonably strong wind, my speed can vary by 7 or 8 mph depending on whether the wind is behind me or I'm cycling into it.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
As @Dirk Thrust has posted my strava thats the current mileage hoping to hit 130 or 140
If you're not already doing it a little tip is , after a hill climb get back up to speed before you try to recover . There is no point spinning in a granny ring going slow to recover when you can do the same at a faster speed . It's your lungs that need to recover not your legs .

OP
OP
J

jamma

Über Member
If you're not already doing it a little tip is , after a hill climb get back up to speed before you try to recover . There is no point spinning in a granny ring going slow to recover when you can do the same at a faster speed . It's your lungs that need to recover not your legs .

Thanks for the tip

Ian193

Über Member
I've ridden home from work 4 days this week and my average speed has increased each day it's 6 1/2 miles and average speed has been anywhere between 12 mph and 15 mph

U

User19783

Well done
Don't forget to mixed the rides up, like doing
intervals
Long steady rides
And hard short rides.

But enjoy the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom