average speed = no racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jamma

Über Member
Are you going to take Matt Stephen's advice in answer to your question on the latest 'Ask GC Anything Show'?

Yes just got to figure a way out with heart rates zones and put it all on a garmin workout.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Its about how much you want it . If you want it you make the time . I took my three days on site as rest days , no rest at all but a rest from cycling . Tomorrow i'm in my workshop so will make the time to do a few miles . I'll probably do 50 miles before my 25 TT on sunday . Tomorrow will hurt as ive been off the bike for three days but Friday and if i ride Saturday will be fast but easy .

@jamma your stats compared with mine

upload_2016-8-18_7-26-18.png
Your avg speed is 14.74mph with 37.82ft/mile, this year I have done 13.53mph with 49.8ft/mile mostly commuting, with a bike weight of 14+Kg, from your latests stats you have increased your speed, I can do 15+mph over 20-30 miles again bike being 14+Kg (with mudguards) with a similar elevation to yourself, but you need to keep at it, ride as often as you can and listen to those on here who know better about TT or racing.

The best local 10TT I did was 26.33 18.3mph, (same bike though not at 14+Kg) that was a few years back but only a year after I starting cycling a little more seriously.

As for a turbo when weather is bad, races are held in the rain so its a good idea to ride in it to get use to it.

S-Express

JoshM

He knows what he has to do, he just wants short cuts because he doesn't want it badly enough to put the work in.

I've done 4 12hr shifts this week since Monday and still managed 100km on the bike since and an 11.2km run. I'll have added another 14km on the bike and a 1.6km swim by days end. I think by Sunday I'll have 160km on the bike, 3.2km in the pool, and 25km on the run logged. I'm not special, but my training is important to me so I make the time for it. If it was truly important to Jamma he'd find the time too.

My mistake I think it was more like an 8m TT, lot on my mind at the mo.
Segment
https://www.strava.com/segments/3934877
and the ride.
https://www.strava.com/activities/73091337#1441041865
I actually did just short of 9,000 miles in 2013.
Its been a poor year for me but my stats monthly

upload_2016-8-18_12-13-19.png

Prior to this year I was more like 37ft/mile and this last week or so I am getting back to over 15mph averages, so it really just down to getting out there and riding to get better needs more, I was till last June doing 50Km rides 2 out of three days on average, and this on not the lightest of bike setups.

iggibizzle

My commute is 6 or so mile each way. In the last 2 years since I 1st started cycling proper and commuting day in day out through all weathers and realising I was good on a bike, I've managed to extend it a bit (along with a ride on a Sunday) to hit nearly 24,000 mile and have competed in all manner of tt's. I am very busy otherwise. I just use what time I have wisely.
As Josh M says, if he wants it he would try harder than he is to get it.

Last edited:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
My commute is 6 or so mile each way. In the last 2 years since I 1st started cycling proper and commuting day in day out through all weathers and realising I was good on a bike, I've managed to extend it a bit (along with a ride on a Sunday) to hit nearly 24,000 mile and have competed in all manner of tt's. I am very busy otherwise. I just use what time I have wisely.
As Josh M says, if he wants it he would try harder than he is to get it.
24,000 miles in 2 years?
Impressive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom