average speed = no racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

Cheers, I thought these details were you :okay:

(sorry I don't know if it's acceptable to curse or not) FFS, you've been told that you need to be spending WAY more time on your bike first and foremost. You won't benefit from any advanced type of training or methods at this point. You need to build up your raw strength and stamina massively before you even think about doing anything else.

You've done a couple of threads now going on about how poor your average speed is and what you need to do for it to improve. You have been given so much good sound advice, yet you don't seem to even bother implementing the most basic thing, which is riding your bike! Until you have done a few hundred miles a week for about 4-6 months, you will not get anywhere close to a level of fitness required. There is a reason why people spend so much time training and that's because unless you put the effort in, you will never get results. Not even putting EDO/Steroids in your body will help you unless you are actively training.

Even a total idiot like me who is totally new to the world of cycling understands that you need to constantly be working as hard as you can with their training. You can throw endless amounts of money at bikes, equipment and coaches, but unless you are out on your bike putting the hours in pushing yourself you will NEVER improve.

It is maddening to see someone who has a body able to go out there and train, but is trying to find an alternative avenue to be able to win on a 10 mile TT.

What do you hate so much by people trying to find alternative methods?

I apologise to the other forum members and the staff for the tone of my post, but it really p*sses me right off when the answer has been given countless times over two or more threads made by the OP. I don't have a problem when people ask for help and advice, but when it's been given already and it's so bloody obvious what he needs to, I can't help but feel sorry for humanity.

Some people just like to talk about the same thing all the time. I dont think they are being deliberately offensive. I remember once I posted a thread on a forum only to be referred to an identical thread I made only days earlier. What happened was I made the original thread when I was pissed so forgot all about it. Some people just naturally have poor memory or a medical issue.

With a few less letters, that name becomes that used by Captain Slow.

[echo]

(sorry I don't know if it's acceptable to curse or not) FFS, you've been told that you need to be spending WAY more time on your bike first and foremost. You won't benefit from any advanced type of training or methods at this point. You need to build up your raw strength and stamina massively before you even think about doing anything else.

You've done a couple of threads now going on about how poor your average speed is and what you need to do for it to improve. You have been given so much good sound advice, yet you don't seem to even bother implementing the most basic thing, which is riding your bike! Until you have done a few hundred miles a week for about 4-6 months, you will not get anywhere close to a level of fitness required. There is a reason why people spend so much time training and that's because unless you put the effort in, you will never get results. Not even putting EDO/Steroids in your body will help you unless you are actively training.

Even a total idiot like me who is totally new to the world of cycling understands that you need to constantly be working as hard as you can with their training. You can throw endless amounts of money at bikes, equipment and coaches, but unless you are out on your bike putting the hours in pushing yourself you will NEVER improve.

It is maddening to see someone who has a body able to go out there and train, but is trying to find an alternative avenue to be able to win on a 10 mile TT.

What do you hate so much by people trying to find alternative methods?

I apologise to the other forum members and the staff for the tone of my post, but it really p*sses me right off when the answer has been given countless times over two or more threads made by the OP. I don't have a problem when people ask for help and advice, but when it's been given already and it's so bloody obvious what he needs to, I can't help but feel sorry for humanity.

Some people just like to talk about the same thing all the time. I dont think they are being deliberately offensive. I remember once I posted a thread on a forum only to be referred to an identical thread I made only days earlier. What happened was I made the original thread when I was pissed so forgot all about it. Some people just naturally have poor memory or a medical issue.[/echo]

D

Deleted member 41544

Isn't there a big jump in effort from 18mph up to say 22/23mph due to more wind resistance?

iggibizzle

Every mph over about 18mph gets a lot harder. If it didn't, everyone would be racing. I've started from scratch. Within 2 years (20,000mile +!!) I've gone from doing 12mph on the commute to now being able to do 19-20mph for long periods of a few hours. But... Recently got into time trialling and each small improvement takes a lot of work :bicycle:

So James, how many miles are under your belt this week? 4 days into 100 miles should see you at about 60 miles?

I am currently at 40miles from commuting every day this week. Tomorrow will add another 10 and see me done for the week. I will also be breaking the 1000 mile barrier for miles cycled this year.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
So James, how many miles are under your belt this week? 4 days into 100 miles should see you at about 60 miles?...........
Looks like he's over the 100 already.:okay:
Screenshot_2016-07-07-21-52-52.png

simon.r

Person
I've managed to get out and ride 20+ miles every day for the last 5 days, whereas I normally only manage to ride once every 3 or 4 days.

I am not fast and I have no desire to become a racer at any level, but my fitness, stamina and average speed* have improved noticeably just with 5 days of sustained effort.

Anecdotal evidence I know, but I can only agree with everyone else who's saying "get out and ride more".

*I'm still slow, but not quite as slow as normal^_^

D

Deleted member 1258

So James, how many miles are under your belt this week? 4 days into 100 miles should see you at about 60 miles?

I am currently at 40miles from commuting every day this week. Tomorrow will add another 10 and see me done for the week. I will also be breaking the 1000 mile barrier for miles cycled this year.

I've done two rides this week and I'm on 108 miles for the week, not bad for a pedalling pensioner, my next chance to ride is on Sunday.

OP
OP
J

jamma

Über Member

As @Dirk Thrust has posted my strava thats the current mileage hoping to hit 130 or 140

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom