average speed = no racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
[QUOTE 4351841, member: 76"]Oh get a grip.[/QUOTE]
Maybe you should " get a grip " A young man has asked for advice and all you have come up with is give up or take drugs .
All i know about you is from this thread and you describe yourself as a fat 50 year old that doesn't push the limits .

OP
OP
J

jamma

Über Member
I am making a new thread for my rodes so you can tell me where i am going wrong also were to improve

Link will be here when i make the new thread

Felix79

(sorry I don't know if it's acceptable to curse or not) FFS, you've been told that you need to be spending WAY more time on your bike first and foremost. You won't benefit from any advanced type of training or methods at this point. You need to build up your raw strength and stamina massively before you even think about doing anything else.

You've done a couple of threads now going on about how poor your average speed is and what you need to do for it to improve. You have been given so much good sound advice, yet you don't seem to even bother implementing the most basic thing, which is riding your bike! Until you have done a few hundred miles a week for about 4-6 months, you will not get anywhere close to a level of fitness required. There is a reason why people spend so much time training and that's because unless you put the effort in, you will never get results. Not even putting EDO/Steroids in your body will help you unless you are actively training.

Even a total idiot like me who is totally new to the world of cycling understands that you need to constantly be working as hard as you can with their training. You can throw endless amounts of money at bikes, equipment and coaches, but unless you are out on your bike putting the hours in pushing yourself you will NEVER improve.

It is maddening to see someone who has a body able to go out there and train, but is trying to find an alternative avenue to be able to win on a 10 mile TT.

I apologise to the other forum members and the staff for the tone of my post, but it really p*sses me right off when the answer has been given countless times over two or more threads made by the OP. I don't have a problem when people ask for help and advice, but when it's been given already and it's so bloody obvious what he needs to, I can't help but feel sorry for humanity.

mythste

Veteran
(sorry I don't know if it's acceptable to curse or not) FFS, you've been told that you need to be spending WAY more time on your bike first and foremost. You won't benefit from any advanced type of training or methods at this point. You need to build up your raw strength and stamina massively before you even think about doing anything else.

You've done a couple of threads now going on about how poor your average speed is and what you need to do for it to improve. You have been given so much good sound advice, yet you don't seem to even bother implementing the most basic thing, which is riding your bike! Until you have done a few hundred miles a week for about 4-6 months, you will not get anywhere close to a level of fitness required. There is a reason why people spend so much time training and that's because unless you put the effort in, you will never get results. Not even putting EDO/Steroids in your body will help you unless you are actively training.

Even a total idiot like me who is totally new to the world of cycling understands that you need to constantly be working as hard as you can with their training. You can throw endless amounts of money at bikes, equipment and coaches, but unless you are out on your bike putting the hours in pushing yourself you will NEVER improve.

It is maddening to see someone who has a body able to go out there and train, but is trying to find an alternative avenue to be able to win on a 10 mile TT.

I apologise to the other forum members and the staff for the tone of my post, but it really p*sses me right off when the answer has been given countless times over two or more threads made by the OP. I don't have a problem when people ask for help and advice, but when it's been given already and it's so bloody obvious what he needs to, I can't help but feel sorry for humanity.

No need to apologise - and welcome to the internet :laugh:

OP
OP
J

jamma

Über Member

Well sorry iv i posted too many threads on the subject and its not about winning a local 10 mile TT so where ever you got that information is wrong.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Just post your strava name. That's what strava is for :laugh:
Screenshot_2016-07-05-14-40-06.png

;)

vickster

Legendary Member
I am making a new thread for my rodes so you can tell me where i am going wrong also were to improve

Link will be here when i make the new thread
Why not just use the existing today's ride thread (or whatever it's called) or newbie progress in beginners

h0lly1991

What about a 63 mile ride taking 5hrs with climbing 3730ft with an average speed of 12.1mph?....

I'm trying hard.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom