Average speed on club rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrasB

Veteran
It's so club & ride dependent.

One club I go to you have the A & B groups, stronger riders go in A group, weaker riders go in B. The pace depends on the people that day & no one is left behind.

In another club they have 4 levels the touring, sporting paced rides are as fast as the slowest rider. The race paced ride is the longest ride of the lot typically covering 80-100 miles in summer & while they out as a group to the cafe stop but on the return leg it splinters into smaller groups of riders for a fairly flat out end to the ride. Race training is exactly what it says on the tin, it is a very hard competitive ride, if you can't maintain the pace of the peloton then you will get dropped, expect break aways any time anywhere & the pace will slowly increase throughout the ride. In fact the organisers say that riders going on the race training should carry a map or GPS device plus a mobile with them so they can get home if you're dropped. All groups will stop for mechanical problems or physical injuries.

Yet another club I know have a 4 step system touring, intermediate, sporting & race training/sporting+ but the first 3 are more regulated & I duno how their race training work.

Top Bottom