Awful headaches after wearing a helmet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
The figures that calculator produces are absolutely stupid! According to that, I should have drunk something like 13.5 litres of water on yesterday's forum ride and afterwards! I actually drank about 4 litres and most people would consider that quite a lot.

I'd be in grave danger of suffering from water intoxication if I drank that much in a day.
So glad I'm not the only one to think that!

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
On high intensity rides, think of your body as a machine. i.e. it won't just run on pertol or diesel, in needs oil/grease/maintenance to keep it going - so you need to mix up the fuel sources.

A great way of looking at it tbf mate

vickster

Legendary Member
Can you borrow a few different helmets and see if you still get the headache?

Go to a bikeshop and buy the helmet that actually fits properly? Don't just buy online on spec I'd say (not read the whole thread, so may have been suggested)

gavintc

Guru
Another 6 page helmet whine. If you don't like it, don't f**king wear it. Using some lame excuse that it gives you headaches is simply a 'get out' whine. I wear one, lots do not.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
A delicate matter, but urine should be "clear and copious" otherwise it's an indicator of dehydration, apparently!
Yes. That is one of the best tests available.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
It does seem it was dehydration TBF, that said, my helmet was VERY poorly fitted, lesson learnt

Now, as for what was in the bottles Foz, it was water, nothing added.

Taken TOTALLY out of context there.

Is it? You were asked why you had decided to wear a helmet after all these years and said it was because you had decided to be less reckless. Quite how wearing a helmet makes you less reckless is not clear.

Independently I asked if you would have gone that fast without a helmet and you said you would have with or without the helmet.

So it seems that the helmet is not making you less reckless at all and there is definitely a clear contradiction between your two statements.

Top Bottom