Awful headaches after wearing a helmet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
[QUOTE 1549350"]
Gaz

Said with the utmost respect and purely out of concern....

You really should back off the 'hardcore' and long-distance rides unless your diet is sorted out. You've lost the weight now, which is fantastic, but if you don't slow down you're inviting serious health problems. You need to be properly nourished to continue at this level - gels during the ride just aren't enough. You've got to look after your body. Unless you're doing this right then it's as reckless as anything else.
[/quote]

I think you have hit the nail on the head Mr Paul.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
[QUOTE 1549350"]Gaz

Said with the utmost respect and purely out of concern....

You really should back off the 'hardcore' and long-distance rides unless your diet is sorted out. You've lost the weight now, which is fantastic, but if you don't slow down you're inviting serious health problems. You need to be properly nourished to continue at this level - gels during the ride just aren't enough. You've got to look after your body. Unless you're doing this right then it's as reckless as anything else.[/quote]

Thanks for your concern

However

On the commute 7 miles is the short way, with a helmet I get a headache, without one I don't, so I really really do think you might be looking up the wrong tree tbh

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Thanks for your concern

However

On the commute 7 miles is the short way, with a helmet I get a headache, without one I don't, so I really really do think you might be looking up the wrong tree tbh

So basic trouble shooting.

Remove or change one element of the equation.

We know that without a helmet you do not get headaches
We know with your helmet you get headaches
What happens if you try a different make/model of helmet?

Andrew_P

In between here and there
After 2 serious accidents , I figured , with 2 kids, I needed To be less reckless ?
How is your head after those two accidents?

Someone bought me a helmet, see my thread in helemt debate, wore it for three commutes and didn't this morning.

An understatement would be that it was really comforatable this morning compared to last week. My bet would be bad fit and or wind noise.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I have another - I'll give it a go :smile:

You will end up with as many helmets as bikes!

Top Bottom