Aylesbury Circular Ride - 10th October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice pictures everyone. We certainly had the best of the weekend weather, lots of showers this morning on the way to the stables.
Aperitif said:
We need roll call / name badges. It's also a bit naff when people arrive late... ;) :smile:
I'm John, the one in the orange top .
xddsex.jpg

Thanks John - duly amended! Nice to ride with you - horses permitting, may see you on an FNRttC? (Don't be a 'neigh' sayer now...;))

Auntie Helen said:
Slight faux pas there Aperitif, he was on the Southend fnrttc last week!

No faux pas - I didn't see him!
It was night-time remember?
Things which are red (and not flashing) are notoriously difficult to pick out in the twilight hours - including personalities...

...besides - being at the back and looking after everyone does not afford the freedom of social intercourse that I enjoyed with Katie yesterday available to others...;)

<Phew>

mike e

Only just read the accounts from another great day out, sounds like a good time when everyone eventually made it...:biggrin:

Lot's of tights, leggings and jackets on show on a lovely sunny day...?

Was my plane outside RAF Halton near Wendover? I've spent a bit of time down there quite a few years ago...

It's a Jet Provost by the way (I think), in case you were interested...

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
It's a Hawker Hunter. It's been there at RAF Halton for quite a few years, so it's looking a bit tired now. Although at the actual airfield itself there is a Jet Provost, but about 30 years ago, I remember whole lines of them there, which the apprentices used for messing around with and learning how to repair things.

It was very chilly first thing, so most had erred on the side of caution and were covered up. By 2 pm though, bare legs were appearing and I was in shirt sleeves (after all, I need to top up my cyclist's tan).

mike e

Flying Dodo said:
It's a Hawker Hunter. It's been there at RAF Halton for quite a few years, so it's looking a bit tired now. Although at the actual airfield itself there is a Jet Provost, but about 30 years ago, I remember whole lines of them there, which the apprentices used for messing around with and learning how to repair things.

It was very chilly first thing, so most had erred on the side of caution and were covered up. By 2 pm though, bare legs were appearing and I was in shirt sleeves (after all, I need to top up my cyclist's tan).

Hmmm, I certainly know my stuff when it comes to planes...:bravo:

Top Bottom