Aylesbury Circular Ride - 10th October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This follows on from the London & Home Counties Rides topic, and is October's ride.

Last time I ran this route, I described it as the Aylesbury Bypass ride, which could be why only 1 person (thanks Clive) came along, as possibly people thought it was a ride on dual carriageway around the glorious conurbation that is Aylesbury.

However, in fact it simply goes around Aylesbury. Approx. 51 miles around in total, and almost all of it is on minor roads. The likely route is here. There are some hills up & down to start with, as we're on the edge of the Chilterns, but then there's some lovely rolling countryside near Waddesdon, a chance of some steam trains, and a working windmill on the way round.

Start from the big car park at Tring Station at 10 am. For any Londoners, there are trains every 15 minutes or so from Euston, which take between 36-44 minutes.

Usual thing, no-one left behind etc etc. Should get back to the station between 3 & 4, so lights shouldn't be an issue.

gbs

Guru
As of today I am clear of commitments and hope to join. ;)

Clockwise or anti?

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I'm away, otherwise I'd be a possible, dithering until the day before. (Like last time...)

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I might be tempted to break away and do my Hilly 10 - Woodham, Kingswood, Ashendon, Westcott, Woodham. I wonder what difference 30 years will have made?

BigSteev

I hope it's warmer than the last time I did this one!

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
dellzeqq said:
I might be tempted to break away and do my Hilly 10 - Woodham, Kingswood, Ashendon, Westcott, Woodham. I wonder what difference 30 years will have made?

You'll probably be pleasantly surprised at how easy you find it all. When I cycled back from Bath last month, and went on roads I last cycled on more than 25 years ago (on a 10 speed Carlton racer), the hills that I had struggled on merely seemed like little undulations now.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Flying Dodo said:
Clockwise - that way the flat bits are at the end.

Don't believe him, everyone. He tried getting away with this last time, too. Flatter, possibly, but certainly not flat.

clivedb

Guru
I would certainly endorse this ride, which I enjoyed at my pace - Adam was very patient. I would like to do it again and will check out arrangements. I in fact cycled over parts of it in reverse last weekend - a gentle 75 miles over two days in glorious weather.

Top Bottom